regular figures...mega sized...what about minis?

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Hey Luke

To my knowledge McDonalds is not offering Smurf figures with their happy meals here. They start a new line every so often, usually based on whatever kiddie movie is out at the time. Most times the toys are lame (plus then you have to choke down the food), but every once in awhile it is something cool. Never a SMURF though!

radionate

Reaction score
Luke,

I might just be so inclined to have you get some UK McDonalds toys for me. They often have different promotions then the US and there are a few sometimes that I just drool over. Let's talk about some sorta deal.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Oh and I meant to ask... here you can just purchase the toy if you wish, minus the food. Do they have that option in the UK?

radionate

Reaction score
I know in German they don't let you buy just the toy (I've got friends from there that bring me back fast food toys and Kinder Eggs). I just looked at some of the past UK McDonalds promotions though, and I am upset. I didn't realize they did that many different sets from us each year. Luke, you gotta keep me posted on what toys are in the meals over there!

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Nate and Jess,

I'll be happy to get em for all at any time. Yes, here in UK McDonalds you can buy the toy seperately, but everyone was doing that (they were like 59p) so they basically boosted the price of the toy last year to double that and thus there's not much difference now between getting the Happy Meal or just the toy. (and our boxes have great artwork, and you can ask for it dissasembled, but you only get it with the full meal)

We do get some nice toys and things, some different from the states - we had beanies of all our classic TV characters a while back, Euro smurfs, and when it was the anniversary they re-released loads of past happy meal toys that had been retired.

So basically what i'm saying is, scoffling the food down will be my commision and pleasure. :big_grin:

radionate

Reaction score
Luke,

I just saw the TV Beanies, and I am wetting myself. I would kill, well maybe not, oh all right mame Byron at least, for some of those. Especially Paddington, Corderoy, The Wind In the Willows Guys, and Rupurt the Bear. They were great. I'm drooling at all the toys I"ve found online right now. 'specially the Disney ones (I know they are considered evil round here, but there were still some cool kick butt toys!). I'm taking you up on your offer Luke.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Well Luke, it goes without saying that we will *need* any Angelina toys that hit your side of the pond. I am not holding out hope for them here, however.

Luke

Reaction score
Nate,

For the retired ones you are best checking out www.ebay.co.uk or www.qxl.com - alot of the stuff is likely auctioned off there but might not get onto the international search engines.

I'll help in any way with whatevers released in the future, and give a shout out if anythings cool.

Angelina is a the all singing, all tap dancing, Ballerina mouse, and star of her own show in the UK. Not seen her at Mc D's yet - i guess she is watching her figure for the dancing !

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
For the retired ones you are best checking out www.ebay.co.uk or www.qxl.com - alot of the stuff is likely auctioned off there but might not get onto the international search engines.
Thanks for the link Luke. I always forget about the UK ebay. It makes me drool. sigh. Gonna look at toys, muppets, and alice in wonderland stuff all morning long now. :big_grin: