Regular, mega, mini, lunchbox... BOBBLEHEADS!

GWGumby

Reaction score
So when are the Bobbleheads coming out?

Seems like they're the latest rage. I can tell they are the latest rage because they're all over the place at Spencer's at the mall. And nobody knows fads like Spencer's.

Actually at the mall on Saturday I noticed quite a bit of lunchboxes as well as bobbleheads. I had no idea lunchboxes were such a trend at the moment.

Personally, Muppet bobbleheads could be either good or bad. Normally I have an intense distaste for fads, but some of the bobbleheads currently coming out are just plain cool. I wouldn't want it to look like Muppets were just following trends, but I'm also one who is enjoying the current resurgence of Muppet merchandise. So my verdict is still out whether this would be a good idea or not.

What's your opinion?

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Generally, I think that when you can tell that something is the "latest rage" it's already on the way out. I think the bobblehead market is in decline due to oversaturation of nearly every licensed character known to mankind turning up in bobblehead form. What was once a cute throwback idea is becoming resented by the public because it's being milked to death. I think it would be a bad idea for the Muppets to get into bobbleheads at this late stage in the game.

Luke

Reaction score
Actually Muppet Bobbleheads ARE coming out - they'll be in stores around christmas i think. They aren't from Palisades though - i can't remember the licensee's name - it isn't Funko who did ALF but one of the other large manufacturers.

I think it's going to be just the main characters but eitherways - the deal was signed ages ago and the Muppets are very much getting into Bobbleheads.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I think it's going to be just the main characters but eitherways - the deal was signed ages ago and the Muppets are very much getting into Bobbleheads.
No doubt they're following in the footsteps of those trend setting Osbournes again. :wink: I just saw that there are going to be Osbourne bobbleheads.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Louis Kazagger
I just saw that there are going to be Osbourne bobbleheads.
Yeah they talk, and have little nodding dogs as accessories. I actually think thats a very cool idea.

As for the Muppet Bobbleheads it'll be nice to have another detailed looking range of Muppet characters out there besides the Busts and the Figures. Generally some of the bobblehead scuplts can be very detailed and intricate.

GWGumby

Reaction score
I just picked up the Terminator endoskeleton because it was so cool. I'll probably like it better than the McFarlane one coming out. I also have a Jack Skellington one which works better because his normal figure is so awkwardly thin he's hard to stand and doesn't have much of a presence on my toy shelf. The bobblehead proportions make him a lot more decorative.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
i was hoping for muppet bobble heads, i mean why not they got care bears, pink panther, ALF, betty boop, popeye and the monkey's... the monkey's?

well anyways, i hope they have a rowlf, pepe would be neat too
i wonder how many they would do?

they could do kermit,piggy, fozzie, gonzo,rowlf,rizzo,pepe, statler, waldorf, animal, swedish chef, and scooter.

Zack)i don't think they would do that many but think of a janice bobble head!Dog.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Actually Muppet Bobbleheads ARE coming out - they'll be in stores around christmas i think. They aren't from Palisades though - i can't remember the licensee's name - it isn't Funko who did ALF but one of the other large manufacturers<<<

Ack, Luke is all full of insider info! But yeah, JHC licencing bobbleheads this year was a no brainer...personally I dont like them, they seem like a cheap fad from 1998. But hey, the more TMS stuff the better!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

The Muppet BobbleHeads being released are Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie and Gonzo, Under The Muppet Show 25th Anniversary label.

Im not sure about Animal or Pepe, Last i heard they wasnt coming out.

Ill let you know if i hear anymore.

See ya