1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Regular, mega, mini, lunchbox... BOBBLEHEADS!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by GWGumby, Aug 5, 2002.

1. GWGumby New Member

So when are the Bobbleheads coming out?

Seems like they're the latest rage. I can tell they are the latest rage because they're all over the place at Spencer's at the mall. And nobody knows fads like Spencer's.

Actually at the mall on Saturday I noticed quite a bit of lunchboxes as well as bobbleheads. I had no idea lunchboxes were such a trend at the moment.

Personally, Muppet bobbleheads could be either good or bad. Normally I have an intense distaste for fads, but some of the bobbleheads currently coming out are just plain cool. I wouldn't want it to look like Muppets were just following trends, but I'm also one who is enjoying the current resurgence of Muppet merchandise. So my verdict is still out whether this would be a good idea or not.

What's your opinion?
  2. Louis Kazagger New Member

Generally, I think that when you can tell that something is the "latest rage" it's already on the way out. I think the bobblehead market is in decline due to oversaturation of nearly every licensed character known to mankind turning up in bobblehead form. What was once a cute throwback idea is becoming resented by the public because it's being milked to death. I think it would be a bad idea for the Muppets to get into bobbleheads at this late stage in the game.
  3. Luke Active Member

Actually Muppet Bobbleheads ARE coming out - they'll be in stores around christmas i think. They aren't from Palisades though - i can't remember the licensee's name - it isn't Funko who did ALF but one of the other large manufacturers.

I think it's going to be just the main characters but eitherways - the deal was signed ages ago and the Muppets are very much getting into Bobbleheads.
  4. FellowWLover Member

Bobbleheads give me the creeps.
  5. Louis Kazagger New Member

No doubt they're following in the footsteps of those trend setting Osbournes again. ;) I just saw that there are going to be Osbourne bobbleheads.
  6. Luke Active Member

Yeah they talk, and have little nodding dogs as accessories. I actually think thats a very cool idea.

As for the Muppet Bobbleheads it'll be nice to have another detailed looking range of Muppet characters out there besides the Busts and the Figures. Generally some of the bobblehead scuplts can be very detailed and intricate.
  7. GWGumby New Member

I just picked up the Terminator endoskeleton because it was so cool. I'll probably like it better than the McFarlane one coming out. I also have a Jack Skellington one which works better because his normal figure is so awkwardly thin he's hard to stand and doesn't have much of a presence on my toy shelf. The bobblehead proportions make him a lot more decorative.
  8. Zack the Dog Active Member

i was hoping for muppet bobble heads, i mean why not they got care bears, pink panther, ALF, betty boop, popeye and the monkey's... the monkey's?

well anyways, i hope they have a rowlf, pepe would be neat too
    i wonder how many they would do?

they could do kermit,piggy, fozzie, gonzo,rowlf,rizzo,pepe, statler, waldorf, animal, swedish chef, and scooter.

Zack)i don't think they would do that many but think of a janice bobble head!Dog.
  9. beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Actually Muppet Bobbleheads ARE coming out - they'll be in stores around christmas i think. They aren't from Palisades though - i can't remember the licensee's name - it isn't Funko who did ALF but one of the other large manufacturers<<<

Ack, Luke is all full of insider info! But yeah, JHC licencing bobbleheads this year was a no brainer...personally I dont like them, they seem like a cheap fad from 1998. But hey, the more TMS stuff the better!
  10. BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

The Muppet BobbleHeads being released are Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie and Gonzo, Under The Muppet Show 25th Anniversary label.

Im not sure about Animal or Pepe, Last i heard they wasnt coming out.

Ill let you know if i hear anymore.

See ya
  11. Zack the Dog Active Member

yeah that was my first guess, i wonder what gonzo will be wearing i would love him in his purple tux, i kinda wish they would do animal and rowlf to because they will have TMS logo on them.

i could see a beaker one and staler and waldorf too

Zack)Rowlf the Dog
  12. Luke Active Member

Hey BlueFrackle

Yeah, thats what i remember being told was coming out - seems ok to me though Gonzo is gonna look a bit funky as a bobblehead.

Obviously i knew there were going to be branded '25th Anniversary' but they're of course produced by another company - can you remember who it is ?
  13. grail New Member

my guess would be NECA...who made the one and only bobblehead i have (it was a gift) Ash, from Army of Darkness
  14. GWGumby New Member

15. Luke Active Member

Y'know you saying that has given me this awful feeling that the Muppet bobbleheads are coming from Sideshow. My memory is terrible these days.
  16. GWGumby New Member

Ah, but Sideshow's Muppet busts are amazing. If that quality could be transferred to Bobble heads, I'd snap 'em all up. As it is, unless I win the lottery, there's little chance I'll be able to justify the purchase of the busts--which saddens me.

It's mainly Sideshow's 12" line that I have problems with. They're huge and expensive and often times the sculpts are off. I have yet to see one Sideshow figure where I feel they've truly captured the character they're trying to portray--except maybe the Python Black Knight, but he doesn't have a face to mess up the scuplt on.
    Also the bodies, which granted are highly articulated, are bumpy and rather grotesque to me. I did ultimately put the money down for my Spinal Tap and Monty Python figures because they were the only figures which existed for those licenses, but I'm certain someone else could do a better job -- or at least a smaller, less expensive one.
  17. BlueFrackle Active Member

Luke,

I cant remember the company name, Ill try and find out.

See ya
  18. beaker Well-Known Member

Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, and Fozzie bobbleheads??? Youre kidding, those guys are way too obscure! Actually, to be honest Im surprised its not Kermit, Piggy, and Animal...as stuff based on those 3 seem to be the only stuff that comes out.

Sheesh, why doesnt a company have the cajones to make merchandise based on, oh geee...I dont know, NON MAIN 4 characters? (Oh how itd be so cool to find Pepe stuff someday)
  19. Luke Active Member

Just wanted to fill people in that the new Bobbleheads are from Rittenhouse-Archives and Danny has just posted up pictures of the Kermit and Piggy prototypes that Smig took at the San Diego Comic Con. You can see them at www.toughpigs.com
  20. GWGumby New Member

Wow, my prophesy has been fulfilled. Yes, they do look "cute." Like "muppets are for kids"-cute. Like "Muppet merchandise? Oh you want the toddler section"-cute. There's not much cool factor there. Admittedly, they are small blurry photos so it may be a little difficult to judge. It's also hard to take any merchandise item seriously if all it consists of is Kermit and Piggy.