1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Regular Show Series Talkback!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBabySpencer, May 26, 2012.

1. MrBabySpencer

MrBabySpencer Active Member

does anybody like this show, It's About A Blujay And A Raccoon, (Named Mordecai And Rigby), Slacking Off And Then Bad Things Usually Happen!!, Do YOU Like This Series Please Tell In The Comment Section Below.
  2. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Absolutely! These two are just about as hilarious as Bert & Ernie are. Benson is a weirdo.
  3. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I LOVE that show! So randomly funny! They make funny references to one of my favorite bands (Rush) a lot! :) Most of the music they play is from the '80's, spoofing a lot of other bands. (too bad I never lived in the 80's ;) )
  4. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Regular Show is the best! I love the mixing of the absolute mundane with the fantastic in each episode. My favorite episode is the one where Rigby is followed by the man-eating taxi.
  5. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I like the one episode where Mordecai & Rigby make prank phone calls. I like how Benson is so "Negative" about things. Pops is so hilarious!
  6. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I like the episode where Mordecai and Rigby first got their jobs at the park. When Benson first met them, he asked them politely not to make a mess in the kitchen. At first, Benson wasn't aware of them being jackasses. Until a never ending rock, paper, scissors game almost caused destruction to the park and Benson had his first yelling out at Mordecai and Rigby and completely losing his trust for them.

And another wild episode was when Pops ordered Benson not to yell at Mordecai and Rigby anymore or else he'd be fired. Benson tried hard to be very patient with Mordecai and Rigby, but they kept doing reckless things which caused Benson to bottle up his anger, creating a powerful storm almost destroying the park, until Pops gave him back permission to yell. And Benson let out his most powerful yelling attack at Mordecai and Rigby causing them to go deaf. And at the end Benson told the two to clean up this mess or they're fired in a calm happy voice.
  7. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

All I'm gonna say is...
    o/~Summertiiiimme!
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You know, I really like Adventure time, but I LOVE Regular Show. I wish it got the same attention AT gets, I hear there is some sort of toy line coming later this year. I guess it's mainly for a slightly older audience that's holding it back. But it's like an adult swim show that doesn't have to rely on lame vulgarity for vulgarity's sake.

The slacker comedy here is brilliant, made even more brilliant by Rigby actually being the bad one of the duo. Mordecai actually seems to care about the other characters at points (Skips especially).

But what really gets me is the fact that Mordecai is a bird and Benson is a Gumball machine all comes from a student film about 2 store clerks tripping on drug laced Halloween Candy. Pops, however, comes from another student film where he gets into a LOT of trouble for trying to pay with everything with Lollipops... which explains a gag on an episode of Regular Show. I hear that one aired on Nickelodeon... just edited a little.
  9. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Wow! I didn't know all of that. Kind of makes sense, though. I did always wonder about the whole gumball machine thing. I just kind of took it with the rest of the shows charm. I think it's brilliant! There are so many standout episodes. And you're right too! Rigby is kind of the group brat. Mordecai seems like the older brother type.

But the episode I mentioned before with the song 'Summertime' and 'Baby Ducks' and about a dozen others. I've got it on DVR, same as Adventuretime. It's every bit as good.
  10. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Here's the main voice cast of Regular Show where the main character is voiced by the creator, J.G. Quintel.

J.G. QUINTEL: Mordecai, High 5 Ghost(second voice)
    WILLIAM SALYERS: Rigby
    SAM MARIN: Benson, Pops, Muscle Man
    MARK HAMILL: Skips
    JEFF BENNETT: High 5 Ghost(first voice)
    JANIE HADDAD: Margaret
    MINTY LEWIS: Eileen
    DAVID OGDEN STIERS: Mr. Maellard
    JULIAN HOLLOWAY: Death
    ROBIN ATKIN DOWNES: Gary
  11. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

Regular Show is awesome! Although I don't like Benson, mostly because he reminds me of my boss (the constant yelling and threats of firing, although I guess with Mordecai and Rigby, it's warranted). But yeah, it's a cool show with lots of nostalgia factors for people like me who grew up in the '80s and '90s.
  12. Drtooth

Wow. The writers of this show are undoubtedly kids of the 80's.

They managed to satirize the NES Power Glove with such incredible accuracy. Not only did they make fun of how much of a piece of garbage the thing really was, but they managed to capture the ability it had to fool the 1980's game buying kid public into thinking it didn't.
  13. CaseytheMuppet

I watched that last night, too! So funny! :)
  14. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I've noticed that Regular Show doesn't have an opening theme song. They just show the title and cut right to the episode. They seem to do that to a lot of shows lately. Amazing World of Gumball, Young Justice, Green Lantern, and the new Thundercats. They only show the title at the beginning.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  15. charlietheowl

There's probably not enough time for a real theme song or credit sequence with commercials and everything. It's a shame, because they probably could come up with a pretty good montage.
  16. Drtooth

Less theme song = more time for TV show. That's why so few sitcoms have them now... or at least really, really short ones.

I have to admit, I don't exactly mind. It really works for that series.
  17. charlietheowl

Tonight's new episode was great, one of the best of this season so far. I especially liked how they made it through an entire episode without having something supernatural happening, it makes for a nice change of pace.
  18. MrBabySpencer

MrBabySpencer Active Member

This Week's Episode Was GREAT!!! Just Sayin!!
  19. CaseytheMuppet

So strange! (And violent!) The Chuck E Cheese references were funny! The ending was hilarious. Fuzzy Dice. :laugh:
  20. Drtooth

The TOYS are out!

There's a Rigby that comes with 2 of the Bunch of Ducks, and Mordecai that comes with The Power keyboard and a Grilled Cheese sandwich. There's a smaller scale Mordecai and Rigby, as well as (though I haven't seen them, they're on the back of the box) Pops and Benson, Cool Bikes Rigby and Mordecai, a figure set of the main characters, and plush toys. I like these better than the Adventure Time ones.