"Reject" Muppets go to France's "5 Rue"

zanimum

Reaction score
I just saw the cast of France's new 5, Rue Sésame. A lot of them are "rejects" from the American version, it seems.

Roxie Marie (1990s) = Griotte
Narf (the orange one in Monster's Clubhouse) = Yoyo
Carina the Ballerina (season 35) = Olive
The penguins = Georges

And of course...
Elmo = Elmo

Interesting stuff, more info on Wikipedia... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5,_Rue_Sésame

Nick

Vic Romano

Reaction score
An American reject in France... wasn't there a movie with the guy from "That Thing You Do" named after that? :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
There is something both funny and sense making about this. Clearly, waste not want not. It's always nice to see Muppets fleeing the country for reasons unknown and finding new life in a foreign country. :concern:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
zanimum said:
I just saw the cast of France's new 5, Rue Sésame. A lot of them are "rejects" from the American version, it seems.

Roxie Marie (1990s) = Griotte
Narf (the orange one in Monster's Clubhouse) = Yoyo
Carina the Ballerina (season 35) = Olive
The penguins = Georges

And of course...
Elmo = Elmo

Interesting stuff, more info on Wikipedia... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5,_Rue_Sésame

Nick
SO does that mean WE in America have seen the last of Roxie Marie, Narf, and Carina?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, the Penguin looks like a different puppet than the penguins we have on SS. It's like a blending of SS style and TMS penguins.

And, we have seen the last of Roxie Marie and Carina quite some time ago. Don't know about Narf.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Elmo = Elmo?????!!!!!!!!!!

Elmo is going to France!!!!!!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!(don't let the door hit you on the way out!)

Oh, I know, I know, they have undoubtedly made enough clones of him to fight the Clone War from "Star Wars", but a person can still dream, can't they?

It would be interesting to find out who will be doing his voice there, though. For some strange reason I just can't picture screachy little Elmo talking like "Pe-pe le pew".

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
Oh, I know, I know, they have undoubtedly made enough clones of him to fight the Clone War from "Star Wars", but a person can still dream, can't they?
Wow, best mental image EVER. **giggles** :crazy:

zanimum

Reaction score
I think Narf will always be an Anything Muppet monster, as he has for the past few seasons. While Roxie Marie disappeared mid-1990s from SS, she was in a lot of SSL shows, up until recently, and has/had a whole page bio on the Sesamstrasse Live web site.

Considering Carina was only tested on the American version, I was wondering about the character shown in the A&E Biography. Did anything ever happen to her, or was she proposed, and then shoved in a filing cabinet somewhere?

Nick