1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

RELEASE NEW DARK CRYSTAL 2 INFO [unofficial plea to Henson Inc.]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by JMPrater, Jun 22, 2007.

1. JMPrater

JMPrater Member

Supposedly The Power of The Dark Crystal is less then a year away from release and we have NO NEWS, NO TEASERS, NO NEW IMAGES, NOTHING.

I have started this thread in hopes that Lisa Henson or The Orphanage or Genndy [the director of the film] himself will release more news.

RELEASE MORE INFORMATION.

It's ridiculous that it's been this quiet.

J.M. Prater
  2. SuzieChan

SuzieChan New Member

Yeah I totally agree with you,

This is just too suspicious that ever since the information about the film came out for the first time, we haven't recieved any more information about it.:mad: I wonder if Genndy and Orphanage are making the film at all: on the official blog it sais that the film is being made and it's not on hiatus as everyone has suspected - right now I seriously doubt about the truth of this information....

Come on! Other films have their teasers/posters/stills released waaay ahead before their final release, so how come none of these from "The Power of Dark Crystal" have been released yet?
  3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

One of my friends found this. Looks like "Puppet Up!" is in control of DC2, gang. Makes me a 'little' nervous about what this film is going to be like emotional wise since the first film was quite dramatic.
    ============
    Kevin Clash .. Performer
    Brian Henson ... Performer

Bill Barretta .. Performer (voice) (in negotiations)
    Steve Whitmire ... Performer
    Paul Rugg ... Performer (voice)
    Dave Goelz .. Performer
    Julianne Buescher ... Performer (voice)

Allan Trautman .. Performer

Victor Yerrid ... Performer (voice)
    Lisa Henson ... Performer
    Eric Jacobson ... Performer
    Alice Dinnean ... Performer
    Drew Massey ... Performer
    Mike Quinn ... Performer
    Gordon Robertson ... Performer

-----------------
    By the way, as my buddy wrote: Where's Kathy Mullen?
  4. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

Hey Foz, what do you mean by "DC2"? Are you refferring to Disney? Cause if you are, oh no. That just means it'll be pushed to the back plate.
  5. Fozzie Bear

DC2 = Dark Crystal 2. You know, the thread topic! :)
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Puppet's Up...Dark Crystal...Maybe it'll be a movie about what Skesis get up to on the weekends in that PlaySkesis Castle of theirs?
  7. Fozzie Bear

Or, maybe the movie will be:

"Okay, we have Queen Kira and Zombo the Gelfling on the stage. Somebody give us a place, language and situation."

'Meh, how's about dey are in a valley talking Cantonese about an overflowing toilet?'

"Okay, Kira and Zombo, take it away!"

Kira: "Hommina hommina koo koo ka doooo."
    Zombo: "Rabbida rabbida biggum splash!"

And the audience roars, because it's funny when puppets do that.
  8. JMPrater

JMPrater Member

getting back to the topic at hand.

HENSON INC. PLEASE RELEASE DARK CRYSTAL 2 INFORMATION!
  9. scottishpiggy

scottishpiggy Member

theres to be a DC2? i didnt even know! and i call myself a henson fan...
  10. christyb

christyb New Member

Well, I think that the secretiveness could be a good thing...I mean...if we don't know anything then we can't 1) whine (which is oh so fun) and 2) are completely surprised.....what who am I kidding I want to know also!

Hello, Mr. the Henson? you know you want to leak something out to us....and no I did not start a Muppeteer stalking club. :halo:
  11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I heard that there's going to be a new Dark Crystal DVD with audio commentary (FINALLY!). Maybe the progress of this sequel will be mentioned on that DVD.

Of course, I beleive we were jsut as antsy about what was going to be included on Sesame Street: Old School Volume 1. Thatw as announced quite a few months before it was released, and we weren't given any info about what was exactly going to be included (full episodes, segments only, or both)until two months before the release.
  12. rurulesunc

rurulesunc New Member

I went to the Dark Crystal screening a couple weeks ago in Santa Monica where David Odell spoke after it. (He is the writer of both movies)

He said that they are still trying to get funding for the movie. They have several investors interested who have pledged but they are still about $2 million short. When they finally get a pledge for the remaining money, other investors have been dropping out. They can't begin production until all of the money is locked in.

Anyway, thats the latest I have heard. Anybody got an extra $2 mill laying around?
  13. JMPrater

JMPrater Member

For Pete's sake....
  14. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Well, I suppose this means we'll be waiting quite a bit longer, then.
  15. IgorPonweed

IgorPonweed New Member

(Uncontrollable crying is a occurring at this computer. The person begins to talk while still sobbing.) Get out the lemonade stand, because THEY NEED US!
  16. Beauregard

I think we have that lying around from the time we tried to buy the Muppets back from Disney? Does anyone have the bus keys?

But seriously...at least they are still going forward, and it's only funding, not inspiration, that they are lacking.
  17. JMPrater

JMPrater Member

it does strike me as odd that they're only waiting for 2 million. 2 million isn't much, and usually, in these cases, they can go through a lender that deals with film companies. I would like some official word on this, as this is all speculation at the moment.

J.M. Prater
  18. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

This is going to take a lot of lemonade.
  19. Beauregard

Well, you know what they say...if life hands you lemons, make a sequel to Dark Crystal.
  20. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

If life gives you lemons, choke on them and die. (That's from Dilbert)