Remakes?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
On imdb.com, the site is reporting and it's confirmed that A Nightmare On Elm Street, along with Friday The 13th, and The Birds are getting remade. And the producing backing these projects.....Michael Bay, the same guy who brought you movies like Bad Boys and Bad Boys 2, The Rock, Pearl Harbor, and most recently Transformers.

My question is why is Hollywood remaking these movies besides to make more money?

What's next, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Back To The Future, The Goonies, The Blues Brothers?

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I'm not a fan of these movies, I don't see why a remake is necesarry at all for Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th. Those are pretty sequal heavy franchises. A remake would be redundant. And no one will want to see it, except out of curiosity. I don't see why they don't pull a Star Wars and just remaster the film, add 5 seconds of "Never before seen" pauses cut from the finished product, and rerelease it as "Special Editions." It would be much cheaper, more people would be willing to see it, and they wouldn't lose a crap load of money on a doomed project anyway.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I hate remakes. Especially Hitchcock remakes. :grouchy:

They're also remaking Gambit, I guess because they're convinced every Michael Caine movie needs to be remade.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I hate remakes. Especially Hitchcock remakes. :grouchy:

They're also remaking Gambit, I guess because they're convinced every Michael Caine movie needs to be remade.
if thats the case then they will re do a muppet Christmas Carol

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I have to agree with the notion of "just add some never before scenes" or something else.

To me seeing these movies remade doesn't make sense. Friday the 13th came out in 1980 while A Nightmare On Elm Street came out in 1984. Both movies aren't that old, nor do they need to be remade in order to cater to a new audience.

My advice, watch the originals, instead of a new version. Both are still scary and yes, I still get scared and I'm 26! I watched the original Nightmare movie a few months ago on HBO and yes, it is still that scary and that good.

If someone wants to remake the movies, please remake the sequels. Most were horrible and made no sense.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
As far as remakes being a bad idea, I agree and have one word to sum it up...GODZILLA. Some things should be left alone.
I did like the remake of King Kong with Jack Black though, go figure!

MGov

Reaction score
My question is why is Hollywood remaking these movies besides to make more money?
Making money is the ONLY reason any movie gets made in the first place.

What's next, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Back To The Future, The Goonies, The Blues Brothers?
"Ghostbusters" won't happen unless Columbia Pictures/Sony Pictures pays a huge amount to Bill Murray, Harold Ramis and Dan Ackroyd. it was in the original contracts. That's why there hasn't been a third movie.

See? It is all about money.

Drtooth

Reaction score
"Ghostbusters" won't happen unless Columbia Pictures/Sony Pictures pays a huge amount to Bill Murray, Harold Ramis and Dan Ackroyd. it was in the original contracts. That's why there hasn't been a third movie.
A third movie won't happen, because Bill Murray doesn't want to do it. They keep trying to make the CGI animated sequal, but they just haven't gotten anywhere with it.