Remembering Amy... We will miss you.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many of you know Amy from New Zealand. Her membername was Amy up until January 17 when she asked me to change it to "Billy's Girl". She has been visiting Muppet Central for quite a long time. Many are also aware that she has been struggling with health issues. Yesterday Amy passed away due to heart complications.

Her family: Trica, Robin, David, Linda and Michelle wanted everyone to know that... "Amy loved using the forum and chatting about her favourite topic - MUPPETS!!! Amy requested that if she died that the people on the forum were told so they know what has happened rather then wondering where she has got to. Although her death was not unexpected it is still quite sudden as she was well up to a couple of days ago. She would of liked to of said goodbye to everyone on the forum and give her thanks for the laughter it provided her."

Amy's sister Linda is on our forum as well. If you would like to write her to send any messages to Amy's family, you can do so through Linda's profile.

If you would like to read some of Amy's posts, here is a link to her profile. Click on the link, then "search for posts" in the top right corner.

Please remember Amy's family in your thoughts and prayers. They are planning some Muppety touches for her funeral including playing Rainbow Connection during the service.

I want to challenge everyone to love your friends, your family and those you hold dear. For any of us, our life here could end tomorrow. Life is precious and so are the people we share it with.

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
Amy is at peace now my condolences to her Family & everyone here on this forum.
Amy will have my famili's Lovely 7yr old Black labrador called Shadow to play with who had to be put down due to Cancer on Sunday.
Chantal

hdofu

Reaction score
I never met her, but I feel saddened just the same, her family is in my prayers.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
My feelings can only be expressed as sheer and utter sorrow.

Amy - though we only knew eachother through our interaction on this message board - was someone I considered a friend. I had hoped that one day a Muppet event somewhere would draw everyone together and that me and her could meet and laugh together, like we did for so long on here.

To our very last post together we were always goofing around and acting like children, and I know I for one loved every post we had together.

The board will honestly never be the same to me without Amy.

To Amy's family, I offer my deepest sympathies. Just from reading her words I know that Amy was a wonderful, wonderful person, and the loss must be great.

I will always remember the smiles her words brought to my face, and how much fun I had talking to her, if only in threads.

-Matt

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Wow. I t really hits you. On message boards like this, people come and people go all the time. When they leave you figure that they have other interests or other priorities. It just never hits you that some will never be back.

I never really got the chance to talk to Amy much. That’s a real shame. I remembered reading that Richard Hunt was her favorite Muppeteer, and that’s always a plus in my book. The thing that touches me the most was the fact that she was the one who started the birthday thread for me this past year. While it doesn’t seem like much, it was one of the lone bright spots of a lousy day.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

beaker

Reaction score
I am really at a loss for words, and am deeply saddened.
Amy had(I dont even want to use past tense words...)
this really neat ability to just light up a thread with her energy, enthusiasm and humor. I would be on here super late at night and she'd happen to be on here posting away with her unique amyness. Her passion for the Muppets and just life in general was always so cool, she really lit up the place.

I was a bit confused by this thread at first...I never think about this sort of thing, even ion the bakc of my mind. I thought maybe Phil was announcing that she was going to be gone from the forum for a little bit...so I am really just shocked. I didnt think much of her hospital visit posts, as I thought it was all routine stuff. But looking back even with all that she managed to have the greatest of outlooks on life, and was always brimming with neat things to say.

My thoughts and sadness are with the family, but I know Amy would want us to remember her in a celebratory mood. She was most definately an epicentre of happiness, through her emails, and posts on MC here I got to see a really shining beacon of
what it is all about...this strange voyage called life, and how precious it is.

She represented everything the Muppets represent: Friendship, love, laughter, and happiness.
Amy, such the warm, caring, and enthusiastic person; the muppet lover who taught us everything we wanted to know about her Native New Zealand, will be very very missed.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Amy was always such a fun poster, and kept some great Muppety spirit in the threads.

We'll miss you Amy, and I'll be praying that your spirit is more blissfully joyful than we could ever imagine, in a better place...

Thijs

Reaction score
I got kind of worried when I saw that Philip Chapman was the thread starter. And my fears were reality.
My condolences to Amy`s family. I haven`t really spoken to her, due to my short time here on the board, but she came across as a very sweet person in her posts. We will miss you Amy.

Joggy

Reaction score
It was such a shame that I never got to know ya better, Amy... the closest we came to talking was an email about hospital business. You seemed to be such a nice person. You were always happy and cheerful and wonderfully silly. I'll sure miss seeing you on here.

Best wishes to your family, friends, and those on MC who were closer to you than I was...

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Wow... that's so shocking. This is the first time on any board that I've posted at that something like this has happened. It just seems so surreal to me.

Like some people here, I never really got to talk much to Amy, but this board is going to seem so weird to me without her, just because I've become used to seeing her posts in nearly every thread. Definitely always happy and cheerful. It was really refreshing to have someone like Amy on the board. I don't think I can recall of any negative posts from her, they were always really upbeat. Even though I didn't know her well, I'm really going to miss her and her cheerful posts. She's definitely one in a million, and we'll never see another like her. I know she will be missed by all of us, whether or not we knew her she will definitely be missed.

RIP Amy.

~ Debo