Remembering Amy... We will miss you.

Super Scooter

Reaction score

I'm at a loss for words.

I never expected something like that could hit so hard. Never even met her. Wow.

Goodbye, Amy.

:frown:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
This was Amy's last post. It's from the thread, I've return to the forum! I been away cuz I been stuck in the hospital:

Hope you are feeling heaps better now!!! Hospital is so bloody boring!!!!!

Good to see you back:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I'm gonna miss ya Amy - your 'Look Mother' signature made me laugh my butt off every time. Hope ya have a great time rockin to the B52's up there in heaven ! :stick_out_tongue:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I'm gonna miss ya Amy - your 'Look Mother' signature made me laugh my butt off every time. Hope ya have a great time rockin to the B52's up there in heaven ! :stick_out_tongue:
That's deffenitly Amy! Ha ha! I loved that signature. And all her posts. She was such a Word Association fanatic. I went through her posts, and the majority of them were for that. I remember on time she actually complained about her "backwards little country". I responded by telling her that she lived in "Lord of the Rings country." She then said, "It's Lord of the Rings, not Lord of the Muppets."

I'll miss her...

radionate

Reaction score
A super sweet girl with a heart of gold. Always postive, always thinking of others. I think she loved so much her heart couldn't contain it all. Bless you Amy. We will miss you.

wolfy

Reaction score
I'm sure if I run through the posts that Phil has a link to that I will remember exactly who Amy is and what she used to post, but right now all I can think of is how sad I am feeling about losing someone who was a "friend" via the Internet.

We start getting feelings, some deep, some just surfacy and friendly, for others we meet online, and soon we feel that we know them personally, like they have been our friends all our lives. I feel that way about so many here at MuppetCentral...

And yet, to lose someone, even though we have never known in person - only through the Internet - is still such a shock and can bring a major lump to the throat and tears to the eyes.

Right now I feel that losing Amy is close to losing Jim; another lover of Muppets and what they stood for, another person who was filled with love, laughter and happiness and shared that with others has left us.

Amy's family...both the personal one and the MuppetCentral one, my deepest sympathy and my condolences. May she forever be by Jim's side, the two of them forever enjoying Richard Hunt's original "Sweetums" jokes and watching over all of us with their warm hearts and smiles...

wolfy

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Goodbye

She always made me laugh, and smile....Everything she said was so cheerful....I haven't been on here long, so I never really had much of a chance to talk to her, but I always thought she was so sweet.....I'll miss seeing her joke with everybody....Things just aren't going to be the same without her....I'll hope to see you again, someday, in Heaven, Amy.
It's just so hard to believe........

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I was honestly stunned to read this news today.

From reading her posts, it seemed that Amy was always upbeat... she had a great attitude, cheerful, silly, friendly to everyone, and always positive. I remember being surprised to learn in her personal "survey" that she spent so much time in hospitals. I would never have guessed she had grave health concerns if I
hadn't read it there. Her enthusiasm for life was so evident. She seemed to be always happy, always ready to joke around, and even to do a little harmless flirting. What a girl!

Amy's kindness struck me... her offer to send Byron that rare Care Bear (just out of the goodness of her heart) amazed me. This does not happen everyday. She seemed to truly be extraordinary. I know she will be extraordinarily missed.

CraigD

Reaction score
I didn't really know Amy very well, so I had no idea she had such health concerns. Reading this thread was a shock, and going over all these posts gave me an unpleasant chill all over.

All I can really say is that I'm so sorry to hear this news and I wish Amy's family and friends all the best in this tragic time.

Stay beautiful in spirit Amy.

Craig

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
Amy's kindness struck me... her offer to send Byron that rare Care Bear (just out of the goodness of her heart) amazed me. This does not happen everyday. She seemed to truly be extraordinary.
You're right, Jessica...that was so sweet and kind of her to do that for someone whom she knew would enjoy it so much.

I haven't even gotten to see the Care Bear Cousin yet (it's the one of the rarest, Proud Heart Cat), cause I haven't been back home since she sent it. I told my parents not to tell me when it arrived, cause I didn't wanna be away from it, know that it's home, and be all excited yet unable to see and hold it.

But now I'm gonna ask 'em about it cause I have to let Amy's family know about this wonderful gesture of hers...I--I just have to. Even if I can't see it yet, I have to let 'em know just how much I appreciate what she did for me.

She once asked me if I wouldn't mind copyin' TMM soundtrack for her instead of payin' her, which I was more than glad to do. Lately with my 60-hour-a-week workload though, it's been harder to keep up with home things, and now I'm sad that I can't send that to her to repay her pure friendliness.

Her kindness and upbeat drive were wonderful, and I hope more of us try to strive in those areas...