Remembering Amy... We will miss you.

Jane

Reaction score
I would like to continue to say thank you on behalf of our family for these lovely messages of support and love for Amy.

She would of been so flattered - and surprised.

I am sure she is with Richard Hunt in haeven, reading these messages and wanting us to stop feeling so low and to get on with talking about the muppets.

My cousins and I watched a muppet show tonight and we were all laughing and crying at the same time thinking about how much our girl loved her muppets.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yes you're right...she's up there chatting with Richard and Jim!

Sarah

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
My condolences

I haven't posted on Muppet Central in a long time, but I visit and read several times a week, and I was very saddened to hear about Amy's death :frown:. She was always such a cheerful and upbeat presence, and I got a good laugh out of many of her posts. She just seemed like such a positive and kind person, and I know that her light will continue to shine on.
Erin

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Such horrible news.

I normally don't do too many read-thrus of all the posts on the board and only respond to a couple that I frequent.

This morning, preparing to post about some fun stuff I have going on this month, I find this. As far as I can remember, this is the first MC Family member loss that I've experienced.

Amy and I had become acquainted through several of the threads, but the one thread that we got to know each other (as best you can in a forum) was during a kind of role-play thing where I assumed the personality of my screen-name name's sake and translated the words of his rubber chicken, Billy, who suddenly became psychic.

Questions would be asked and, in "Dear Abby" fashion, bad answers would be given. Amy posted a few times, and below follows the first of her posts:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/show...1&perpage=15&highlight=ask billy&pagenumber=1
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Amy

Dear Billy, the Psychic Rubber Chicken.....

1) Will there ever be a MuppetFest in New Zealand?

2) Will I ever get a date with my favourite Muppet Monster - Sweetums?

3) Will I ever get a date?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dear Amy,

Your questions are the easiest of all questions to answer:

1) No, but Lew Zeland may appear at one.
2) No, but it's fun to pretend.
3) Yes, what's your number!!?"

BEHOLD! Billy the psychic rubber chicken has spoken.

NEXT!

Thereafter came a battle for her attention by Billy the Psychic Rubber Chicken and Sweetums over who would get to date her. Finally, Billy the PRC said:
...Besides that, I'm single with my own hen-house by the beach, and lots and lots of corn. I can provide because I am Billy, the Psychic Rubber Chicken.
To which Amy replied:
Living by the beach does sound tempting - I could walk around naked all day!!!!! But I'm not sure about the corn, maybe I could eat chicken instead.
Of course, you can see that her's happened to be a funny personality making her very delightful to chat with here at the Central.

If these moments on the board here were some of her happiest, then I'm glad to have been a part of it all and wouldn't exchange the opportunity to have known her for anything else in the world.

Except maybe to have her back.

Love you Amy!
Your pal,
FOZ
:big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
That's a nice way to remember her, Foz. She always having fun no matter what thread she was in. I remember a lot of great conversations with her. Here's one between her and sarah_yzma:

Amy/ Billy's Girl:
Sorry to the rubber chicken!!
Honestly, I never made the connection to the rubber chicken when I changed my name.
Sarah:
and unfortunately the chicken went into retirement and doesn't return my calls
but i have my clipboard, ted. he just doesn't know it
Amy:
Chickens don't make good boyfriends anyway!!!
Just trust me on that one
Sarah:
what about clipboards?
Amy:
Sarah - yes clipboards do make good boyfriends because they are quiet (no argueing!) but on the other hand they have beeen known to bite fingers!!
Touchy!!!!!
I guess being a clipboard isn't such a bad idea

LOL

I didn't read this conversation until after I heard the news. I wanted to post back, but...

*sigh*

It's nice to know she was a fan.:smile:

Ryan

Reaction score
Amy-
Although we never got to meet, I will miss you. You will be deeply missed by many. :frown:

PS: tell Jim we said "Hi!".

Drtooth

Reaction score
Saying goodbye, going away
Seems like goodbye's such a hard thing to say
Touching our hands, wondering why
It's time for saying goodbye.

Saying goodbye, why is it sad?
Makes us remember the good times we've had
Much more to say, foolish to try

Don't want to leave, but we both know
Sometimes its better to go

Somehow I know, we'll meet again
Not sure quite where and I don't know just when

You're in my heart, so until then

Somehow I know, we'll meet again
Not sure quite where and I don't know just when
You're in my heart so until then
Wanna smile
Wanna cry
Saying goodbye

La la la la, la la la la
It's time for saying goodbye
La la la la, la la la la
La la la la-la la la.

Jane

Reaction score
Oh - that was really touching typing out that song.

Thank you so much:smile:

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
I just started posting here so I did not get a chance to get to know Amy......by what I have read she was a wonderful person.

She touched many lives though her personality and charm.

I have no doubt that she is in great company with the number one greatest creator........Our Almighty God.......and the second greatest creator......Jim Henson..........she is in good company.

God Bless

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
Amy seemed like a lively young lady it was good to know her only if it was for a short time.