Remembering Fred Rogers...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jackie, "It's You I like" is one of my favorites. Thanks for posting the lyrics. His simple-but-poignant words can reach all of us no matter what our age or where we are in life.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Mister Rogers... without that man my childhood wouldn't be nearly so good. He gave me a joy of life that few can give. Though I feel as though this day has ended my childhood, I know that as long as I see that warm face on a PBS rerun I'll never completely grow up. :cry:

At school today my friends and I discussed this sobering event and concluded that today must mark the end of the world. Who could keep the world together like Mister Rogers?! Just yesterday we were talking about the senior roadtrip we'd planned since sophomore year to visit him, and now that's all gone. Now we'll just have to wait 'til we get to heaven. :smile: I'm so glad he was Saved!

Thank you, Mister Rogers, for all your wonderful inspiration. I love you, my neighbor.

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

Drtooth

Reaction score
All I can say, the world I grew up in has changed.

fred Rogers will be missed by my family, and many families all over the country who have grown up hit him.

My deepest sympathy goes out to all his family, friends and neighboors....

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
For the past couple of days I have been focusing on how weird a month February 2003 has been. Columbia explosion, nightclub fire, Iraq war boiling up, my new home, Michael Jackson coverage even, etc. And I was wondering wht weird or sad event might happen in the last few days of the month, for me, the possible chapter of the Henson sale saga.

But, today, MISTER ROGERS died. Since I found out about noon I was like "Man, Mister Rogers DIED." Just realizing how awful that sounded. That's almost like saying Big Bird was dead, since Fred rogers and his TV character were almost one in the same.

Though I was only an occasional watcher, I loved the show for its simplicity and its message for children to "love your neighbor."

Goodbye Mister Rogers. We'll miss you.

gonzolo

Reaction score
Jeez. This has been mentioned in like every message board i visit (about 6 of them or so). He has had an impact on SO many people. Me included. He will be missed. :frown:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I will miss you, Mr. Rogers. You were such a sweet and gentle man.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Jackie, "It's You I like" is one of my favorites. Thanks for posting the lyrics. His simple-but-poignant words can reach all of us no matter what our age or where we are in life.
\

Yeah it's funny, I was trying soooo hard to think of that one song he always sang that made me feel so good. So I was going through them all in my mind and I was like no this isn't it, no that isn't it...then i went to his website and I found the lyrics. As soon as I saw them I decided to post them. That song always caught my attention.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
My heart is aching.

I'm not even going to try to sum it all in words...I hardly have the strength to continue typing in this thread. All I can say is I feel what everyone else feels. I never thought I'd ever have say the words "Mr. Rogers is dead."

It is not only a loss to fans of the show, but to the entire world. We've lost yet another great person from this world. Its too hard to bare.

The only thing that is comforting (though really it isn't), is Earth's loss of a hero is Heaven's gain, and now, he's with Jim. But jeeze...it just doesn't help.

I think Matt's line was one that sums it up completely; today is one horrendously sad day in the neighborhood.

-Matt