Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
I am so sad to hear about this!! He was so talented and such a great performer. Even though many of his characters have new voices it's still sad to know that another Muppet performer's voice has been silenced. :frown: RIP Jerry :sing:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
But at least now he can perform those characters again...I'm sure Jim and Richard were happy to see him when he arrived in heaven. And he's with Christine again too. RIP Jerry Nelson.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Sad to see the passing of another Muppet vet...but not an unexpected one. I take comfort that Jerry had a long and full life and that given his declining health over the years, both Jerry and his friends/colleagues/family have had ample time to adjust and prepare both emotionally and artistically, getting everything into place for his characters to still live on.

And Jim has another bridge partner in Heaven (or whatever the hip happening game is up there)

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Such awful, awful news. We've truly lost one of the greats. Didn't really know what to say about this tonight although I managed to write something up quickly:

Rest in Peace Jerry Nelson (1934-2012)

If anyone else is writing posts on their own sites/blogs I would love to know about it and add the link(s) to my own.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
So once reality finally set in I literally broke down and cried for an hour. Which I have a feeling over the next several days that's probably what I'm gonna be doing. I personally was not prepared for this news despite his declining health. I don't think your ever prepared to hear someone passing no matter how ready you think you are. I was only 7 years old when Jim past away so I didn't really understand death nor really knew who he was. But now hearing Jerry is gone I wish I was that 7 year old again who didn't understand. :cry:

aaronmojo

Reaction score
What a shame. These guys, even though Jim Henson and Richard Hunt are gone, you still want to think the rest of them will be around forever.

Wherever he is, may he be in peace. He'll forever be part of my childhood that I was glad to have around in adulthood.