1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Oscarfan, Aug 23, 2012.

1. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

That's wonderful. Can I see your vectors, please?

2. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

The FR one-shot a tribute to Jerry Nelson? Yes! I will do the best I can and trust me, no mix ups. Just Fraggle Rock, because I guess that was show I remember the most as a child, before Sesame Street, and anything else.

3. Weirdo96

Weirdo96 Member

It's hard to believe that it's been a year since Jerry Nelson passed away. I remember the day I found out he died like it was yesterday. I just couldn't believe it. Jerry Nelson, one of the greatest Muppet performers of all time,was dead. Just thinking about it is making me a little teary eyed. Rest in peace, Mr. Nelson.
    :sing::fishy::crazy::search::batty::smirk:

MikaelaMuppet and theSHE124 like this.
  4. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

My dad suggested putting what I put on Facebook here: It was exactly one year ago today that we lost Muppeteer extraordinaire, Jerry Nelson. I want all of you to celebrate by watching this wonderful tribute someone made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuyI0bgwceQ. Here's all his characters in the order they appear in this video: Herry Monster, Robin the Frog, Emmett Otter, Biff, Julius Strangepork, Slim Wilson, Camilla the Chicken, Marjory the Trash Heap, Snuffy, Balthazar the Bear, Angus McGonagle, Statler, Sherlock Hemlock, Pops, Louis Kazagger, the Amazing Mumford, Miss Mousey, Pa Gorg, Ubergonzo, Mad Monty, the Count, Jerry Nelson Muppet, the left head of the Two-headed Monster, Gobo Fraggle, Floyd Pepper, the Architect Doozer, Dying Skeksis Emperor, Blind Pew, Skeksis High Priest, Little Jerry, Scred, the Ghost of Christmas Present, Emily Bear, Sam the Robot, Featherstone, Frazzle, Lew Zealand, Mr. Johnson, Uncle Deadly, Thog, the pink Yip-Yip, T. R. Rooster and Crazy Harry. We all miss you, Jerry.

MikaelaMuppet, cjd874 and theSHE124 like this.
  5. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Well, it's been a year pretty much, but it still seems like yesterday that I logged onto Facebook, and the first thing I saw on my homepage was that Muppet Wiki posted picture of Jerry Nelson with the caption: "RIP, Jerry. We love you. <3", which left me speechless for a few minutes. Here we are 365 days later, and I'm spending as much time as I can here on Muppet Central, listening to every song on the radio that has been chosen to honor Jerry, while I wear a shirt with The Count on it. Later on, I will also watch Stephanie D’Abruzzo's famous clip montage of 150 of Jerry's characters.

To see what I did in honor of Jerry 2 weeks ago, go to the 379th post of this thread: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/international-skits-on-youtube.30514/page-19

RIP, Jerry! As usual, I hope you're having one wonderful time with Jim and Richard up there!

theSHE124 likes this.
  6. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

I said it before and I'll say it again--this HAS to be the best Jerry Tribute ever done! :fanatic:

7. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

8. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

R.I.P Jerry Nelson :sing:(1975-2004) :fishy: (1978-2001) :crazy: (1975-2004) :cluck: (1978-2004) :boo: (1975; 1992-2003) :smirk: (the run of Fraggle Rock) :jim: (1975-? Discontinued) :search: (1970's-Early 2000s) and whether you're a muppet fan or you've never seen Sesame Street :batty: was his most popular character of all! :batty: (1972-2012). Though it's unfortunate that in the news reports of his death they didn't even mention his work on the muppet show or fraggle rock. R.I.P Jerry R.I.P

Bill Bubble Guy and theSHE124 like this.
  9. Dr TeethFan

Dr TeethFan Active Member

He now does The Muppet Show for Jesus with Richard and Jim in heaven

MikaelaMuppet, theSHE124 and cjd874 like this.
  10. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Not to mention some SS skits with Jon Stone, Joe Raposo, and Jeff Moss. Jerry Juhl and Jane Henson help out too. RIP to our beloved "J friends."

11. WalterFan1234

WalterFan1234 Active Member

Jerry was one of the most talented entertainers ever. He will be missed so much. Greatest singer of the muppeteers. He was amazing

12. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

Yea God was saying to himself "when will i ever get my own Muppet Show to watch?" He's told everyone whos up there everytime they arrived "Finally! I get to watch the Muppet Show/Sesame Street without being a creepy old guy staring through a window." Thanks for all the memories Jerry, Richard, Juhl, Jim and Jane!!

13. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Two years ago, we lost our favorite Muppeteer andf we still miss him. I did however finally found a video of a song that will make you both laugh and cry.

14. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Jerry Nelson impacted me right from the start when I was less than four years old when he performed my favorite character on Sesame Street, The Count. Later on I loved watching him as the hip Sgt. Floyd Pepper, Lew Zealand and Crazy Harry and many others on The Muppet Show and the muppet films from the original TMM and even when he was ill in TM'11 as the announcer. After hearing about his death two years ago, it was quite sad, and he is still missed. RIP :(. Now here is my all time favorite Sgt. Floyd Pepper, Lew Zealand moments.

My favorite Lew Zealand moment is in the TMS episode of his first appearance at the end of "The Wedding Sketch".

sesamemuppetfan likes this.
  15. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

I watched MMW again(!!!) last night and heard Jerry's voiceover which was an absolutely lovely gesture on Disney's part.

Whilst I still mourn, and argue that no-one will ever match the original talents that created our beloved characters, we are very lucky to have a bunch of guys carry on the legacy of them with the love and passion they share with the fans.

Rest in peace Jerry Nelson, you will not be forgotten.

16. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I still miss Jerry Nelson after two years.
    He will be missed by all of us. :cry:

17. sesamemuppetfan

Wow...2 years ago already...RIP Jerry! Not even your most famous character can keep track of every single person who loves and misses you dearly!

On another note, please check out my YouTube channel (classicssmfan) for a few goodies that I'll be honoring Jerry Nelson with.

18. antsamthompson9

Here's what I put on Facebook: It was 2 years ago today that Muppeteer Jerry Nelson passed away. Jerry played lots of wonderful characters like the Count von Count, The Amazing Mumford, Herry Monster, Mr. Johnson, Floyd Pepper, Robin the Frog, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, and Gobo Fraggle. To celebrate him, here is the episode Sesame Street did as a tribute to him. Here's the cast: Marty Robinson as Telly, Leslie Carrara as Sigrid and Abby Cadabby, Eric Jacobson as Lars and Grover, Kevin Clash as Elmo, David Rudman as Cookie Monster, Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn, Carmen Osbahr as Rosita, Jerry Nelson (archived audio) as the Count, Alan Muraoka as Alan, Sonia Manzano as Maria, Chris Knowings as Chris, Nitya Vidyasagar as Leela, Roscoe Orman as Gordon, Alison Bartlett as Gina, Bob McGrath as Bob, and Emilio Delgado as Luis. Bert and Ernie, Baby Bear, Oscar the Grouch, the Two-Headed Monster, and Zoe also appear. http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/9c57ade5-3af3-4953-9c52-63e02a19a873

19. sesamemuppetfan

Whoa, OK, did you really feel the need to list all the performers and actors in the episode?

20. antsamthompson9

I just wanted to show credits or something like that. The show certainly doesn't do that.