Remembering Jim Henson...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our "Remembering Jim Henson" menu designed by Jamie is now on our home page. It's hard to believe that it has been thirteen years since Jim's passing. Like many of you, I'll never forget that day.

Read our Jim Henson tributes for many stories from the days and weeks after Jim Henson's passing...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/tributes/henson/index.shtml

Join us in celebrating his legacy that will live on for generations.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow, that is great, again, Jamie. Nothing moves?

I remeber being very, very upset when I first realised that Jim had died. It was when I was watching MTI about 5 years ago and it said Brian Henson where it usualy said Jim Henson, and dad said that Jim was dead. I was shooked because I hadn't known. (Yes, I wasn't such a great fan then.)

GPrime1

Reaction score
I remember being in the 5th grade and I was over at a friend's house the afternoon of Jim's passing. The radio in their kitchen was on as we poured ourselves a couple of glasses of orange juice, when the DJ on at the time broke the news. They then played the Rainbow Connection. I remember being so touched and so grief-stricken all at once. There was nothing I could do but cry.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I remember I was reading a book in my room, when my mom came and told me that there were an article in the newspaper I should read.
The first thing I saw was a picture of Jim with Kermit, and then the headline "He told storys with puppets". I stopped and looked at the word told. I knew what that meant, and I read the article with a sad feeling.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
When it happened, I was too young to realize what death was, although by this time I was already deep into the Muppets. A year later, (sorta like Big Bird) I asked my mom when he was coming back. I think it was 1992 when Richard Hunt died (I didn't know he had died until after seeing MTI in the theater and realizing Statler's voice was different) that I realized that he was gone.

Wow! It's been a long time. I also remember seeing a thing on PBS where Kermit was sitting on Jim's shoulder. I was only four years old (I think. Might have been 5) but I already realized Kermit was one of Jim's characters. I kept asking how they could do that if Kermit was a Jim Henson character (in not so many words). Realized a few years later they just relooped the voice or something.

Anyway, while not a very different menu, it's a great tribute, AND a great menu, Jamie. I like it alot.

:smile: :big_grin: :stick_out_tongue: :sympathy: :sleep:

Luke

Reaction score
Nice menu Jamie. Jim may have passed on, but his legacy is still living on with us, the Muppets and his children !

radionate

Reaction score
Wonderful Job Jamie!

It's a day that none of us as a collective whole will ever forget. Our memories are all vivid of that day, but our memories of his work are what have made us who we are, and we will carry those with us forever.

Thank you Jim, for all you gave to me and the world.

Aaron

Reaction score
i was born in 1990 june 1 and my mom used to tell me jim henson's son dose kermit it wasn't untill i came here that i found out it was steve thank you jim for rowlf kermit link and cantus

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I was too young to realise, I just remember something about the Creature Shop moving, And around that time Jim died.

No use being sad tho, Now we have to celebrate his life and work !

:smile: :big_grin: :stick_out_tongue: :sympathy: :sleep:

Beauregard

Reaction score
So is your new avator the Jim puppet for that reason? To celerbrate his life?