Remembering Richard Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe, but eleven years ago today the wonderful and talented Richard Hunt passed away. Performer of favorites such as Scooter, Janice, Junior Gorg, Forgetful Jones, and more. Richard had a unique style and characterization that has been sorely missed. Take some time today to remember Richard in your own way today and remember the countless lives he touched. Let us know what you will remember most about Richard.

Our Richard Hunt tributes are here...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/tributes/hunt/index.shtml

Also check our Emmy's Richard Hunt site...

http://rhuntfan.tripod.com/

Jamie also designed a tribute menu which is on the front of the site today.

Luke

Reaction score
R.I.P Richard - sorely missed and much needed !

Nice menu Jamie - it's good to see all Richard's characters up there - you've done him proud !

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Wocka Wocka WOW!!!

Great menu!! I was SO excited when I saw that!!

Glad to see such a cool thing pop up on my computer. Tributary menus are a wonderful idea.

Great work!!

FOZ

radionate

Reaction score
Wonderful job in a fantastic tribute to a man that touched all our lives.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
great job on the menu, a great tribute indeed to a great man..

ryan

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Thanks for doin' that menu, Jamie---that's rully a nice gesture.

And I found this thread while listenin' to "Letter B"...*sigh*...what a talented, talented man...

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Great job, Jamie! I just got back to CA from Christmas break. I went to look at the New Year's menu 'cause my parent's computer didn't display it right. And lo and behold--a NEW great menu! You said no new menus till MC's anniversary later this month, but I guess you had a few tricks up your sleeve. :smile:

For a bonus, you ought to have a pop-up Season 1 Miss Piggy for the Richard Hunt tribute! :big_grin:

Such a talented performer -- we all miss him. One can only wonder what the Muppets would be like today if we hadn't lost two of the company's key members at the same time.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
One of my favorite Muppet preformers, and a very sad loss. It's hard to believe it's been eleven years since his, and thirteen since Jim's. (almost)

Sad. Was too young to remember when they died.

I think the saddest thing I ever saw came out shortly after Richard's death. During the end sequence of the 25th anniversary tape of SS, his and Jim's characters just stood there smiling and nodding while everyone else sang.

Was Cliff's Nightmare Richard's last project, or was it Muppetvision 3D? He's listed in the credits of both.

beaker

Reaction score
A most fitting tribute Jamie! And look at that young kid Richard...I love that picture! What is great is basically all of his signature characters are back with VMC and other stuff, so it is really good to see his legacy lives on.

Indeed, the early 90's were the darkest chapter in JHC history.
I think it is a testament to the vision of the company that they survived that awful gutwrenchingly devestating period.

Anyways, very cool menu man! Long live the name of Richard Hunt!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This menu kind of snuck up on my, I have to admit. Scooter is one of my faves. Janice too. It has been clear that the Muppets weren't right without his characters. Richard made such an impact on the Muppets and the gang wasn't quite right without them. I hope to see more Scooter, Janice and the other fantastic characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.