Rendition of SS theme

CountFan1998

Reaction score
I recently watched this time-lapse video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o7mL_RgWXQ&feature=related (On the sidenote: ever wanted to see how they set up and clean up a SSL production?:big_grin:)
The music track used sounded awfully familliar. I went to see SSL in 2002 (I was only 4. Awww....:flirt:), so I don't remember much.
Was the track the overture to shows in the mid to late 90's? 'Cause it makes perfect sense. I can imagine the building sets' lights flashing to the beat, when suddenly the music dims and Big Bird annouces: "Hello, everybody! Welcomw to Sesame Street. Me and my friends are so happy to see you. I'll get a chance to say hello to you when our show starts in just a few minutes. Toodle-loo!"

Anybody want to clarify? Anybody? C'mon, PLEEEEEAAAAAASEEE!

GREAT SCOTT, MARTY! 1.21 GIGAWATTS! -Doc Brown
Am I weird, or is it you? Maybe it's you...

SSLFan

Reaction score
Not sure. I know the music used in that clip you posted has been used on some promotional videos for the show.

Another instrumental version of the theme is also used quite frequently, usually in shows of the mid 1990's, and some today, depending on the show. This was the best clip I could find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL-xfrXQmog&feature=related

It's from the 2009 revamp of 1-2-3...Imagine! a show from 1996. I've seen this opening in shows such as 1-2-3...Imagine (2002 revised version), Out of This World (2003) & Elmo's Coloring Book (2004 revamp). Considering that 1-2-3...Imagine & ECB are both shows originally created in the 90's, you can assume that these openings were used then. I saw the originals myself, but my memory is fuzzy since I was still very young at the time, Lol.

But, it all really depends on the show.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
I didn't post it. I have a feeling that VEE did because the other videos the user has posted are ads for current shows in high quality, also lacking theater name where local stations put what theatre they'll be at and where it is, so it's source video. Sweet. :big_grin:

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_f1cN4cpBY&feature=channel

Also check out the background music: Is it perhaps the mid to late 80's overture? Because I can picture it for Tee Hee and the ABC's. I presume 80's because you have the bass, synthesizers, and the echoing electronic snare (Love it! I'm an 80's and 90's geek.:coy:)

BTW, What show promos did the song appear in?

GREAT SCOTT, MARTY 1.21 GIGWATTS! -Doc Brown
Am I weird, or is it you? Maybe It's you...

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Considering that 1-2-3...Imagine & ECB are both shows originally created in the 90's, you can assume that these openings were used then.
They weren't. The opening theme music you hear in that video was first used for the 1-2-3...Imagine! remount in 2002. Not in the 90s

SSLFan

Reaction score
They weren't. The opening theme music you hear in that video was first used for the 1-2-3...Imagine! remount in 2002. Not in the 90s
Oh. My short term memory back then.:big_grin: What opening did they use then? Was it a different instrumental?

Hey do you remember in some shows when they would have the lights turn into the characters faces on the curtains? I remember seeing it in BBSDCO.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Hey do you remember in some shows when they would have the lights turn into the characters faces on the curtains?
What? Would the spotlights project the characters faces, or would the performers stand behind the curtain and be lit from behind? IDK! SOMEONE PLEASE CLARIFY FOR ME!

NOW, BE LIKE A TREE AND GET OUTTA HERE!- Biff Tannen (Ha! A different BTTF reference!)Am I weird, or is it you? Maybe it's you...