1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Replacement Puppeteers....

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by punkNpuppets, Sep 30, 2002.

1. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

Here's a list of the "dead" muppets and the people that should play them (replacing henson and hunt) -

Dr. Teeth - guy that plays Bobo
    Rowlf - guy that plays Bobo

Janice - Fran Brill (but i haven't seen "Sex And Violence" so i'm not sure how she sounds)

Sweetums - Marty Robinson or the guy that plays Bobo

Guy Smiley - Marty Robinson

Placido Flamingo - Frank Oz or Jerry Nelson

Don Music - Dave Goelz (if kids were hitting there heads on their piano, Don should STOP HITTING HIS HEAD ON HIS PIANO, don't get RID of him!)
  2. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I think the word ya want is "retired" Muppets...as, as long as Kami gets her AZT drugs I doubt will ever see a 'dead' Muppet.
    (err, maybe Thog...though Im sure there's some pile of blue fur needed restoration)

>>>Dr. Teeth - guy that plays Bobo
    Rowlf - guy that plays Bobo<<<

Not bad! Rowlf indeed is now performed by Bill Baretta.
    Dr. Teeth is performed(when he has vocal segments) by John Kennedy.

Janice - Fran Brill (but i haven't seen "Sex And Violence" so i'm not sure how she sounds)<<<

Yeah, they still havent filled that one. Im not sure who performed the Electric Mayhem at the live show.

Sweetums - Marty Robinson or the guy that plays Bobo<<<

Well...Sweetums is now John Henson officially I think. So far, the only Muppet I have actually met in person.

Guy Smiley - Marty Robinson
    Placido Flamingo - Frank Oz or Jerry Nelson<<<
    Don Music - Dave Goelz (if kids were hitting there heads on their piano, Don should STOP HITTING HIS HEAD ON HIS PIANO, don't get RID of him!)<<<<<

All three have been retired indefinately I believe.

In a similair thread, its amazing to know most of Oz main characters have found replacements. Thankfully Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Grover, Bert, and Animal all have new Muppeteers with the apparent endless hiatus by Frank Oz.
  3. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

If what I've heard is correct, I think our own Byron (aka Janice & Mokey's Man) does a pretty much dead-on imitation of Janice.

And you forgot one!

Scooter - I'd like Adam Hunt to keep doing him. It could work out; he did the voice while Steve Whitmire did the actual puppeteering, and some of the human actors on the classic episodes of SS did the same thing.

-Kim
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

My impersonation of Janice is HORRIBLE!!!! However, I can do a really good Sweedis Chef and Link Hogthrob.
  5. jeremyactor

jeremyactor New Member

There are a few characters I think I do dead on impersonations of - but remember that what you think you sound like and what you ACTUALLY sound like are 2 different things. When I've tried - I sound KINDA like Scooter (which would be better than having No Scooter at all), I do a good Swedish Chef, Bobo (but Bill's aliving and kicking, so no need for that), Animal (and I'm a drummer - so I can make him look really convincing behind the drums).

Or maybe I don't sound anything like them at all - but I'm an actor, so I at least try. They should hire me anyways - I want to be a Muppeteer!

Jeremy
  6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Hiya,

Floyd and Zoot were performed live at MFest with "Where you at?", but the Electric Mayhem was performed by puppeteers and lip-synced to the recording of "Can You Picture That?"

I noticed Floyd missed a verse instead of taking it, too! :)

FOZ
  7. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

Sweetums is being Performed by John Henson (I think he's Jim's son, I know Jim had a son named Jon)
  8. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

It's Jim's son John, and he does super kewl at it, too!!

FOZ
  9. SgtPepper

SgtPepper New Member

I can do dead on impersinations of Grover, Cookie Monster, Animal, and Dr. Teeth.

I'm also pretty good at Zoot, Kermit, Piggy, and Fozzie
  10. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

my Grover impression sucks.

i CAN do a pretty good Guy Smiley. and a good Telly impression.

my friend Eric can do an impression of Gladys The Cow (he doesnt know it but he's doing a Gladys voice. actually, i am hiring for the puppet video series i'm making and may sell at my school. he's playing Washington, a guy that talks like Gladys. "Humorous just HUMOROUS!!!" "You ru-inned it!!!" "Barry Manilow is the bomb!" "Ewww she touched it with a KLEENEX!")
  11. Thijs

Thijs Member

I can do a good Gonzo and Tommie. And off course Kermit, Fozzie, Bert and Ernie, but who can`t
  12. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Let it be known that I can do an awesome impression of Sully the construction worker...

:D

(of course it helps that he never talks)
  13. Thijs

Thijs Member

:D
    yeah, my Zoot and Slimey are great too!
  14. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

15. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Paul, you can hear what Janice sounded like in "Sex and Violence" here:

http://muppets.scarecroe.com/janice/

This is the kinda thing one might try to find on a better Janice fan site, but mine's really just an advertisement for Byron's site... which is awesome but has no sound bytes (hint, hint, Byron ;))
  16. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

17. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

man, listening to fran brill and eren ozker doing janice sounds so strange..........brian hensons voice sounds more like richards when doing janice than the other performers......

ryan
  18. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Well remember that Richard didn't define his version of Janice until after Fran and Eren had taken their crack at her.
  19. The Flying Sheep

The Flying Sheep New Member

I do a dead-on Beaker and Swedish Chef, but i'm good at Link, Bueagurd, Animal, Pepe, Flyod,Janice, Cookie,both Statler and Waldorf, Elmo and My Kermit's great. However, I can't do Gonzo, Rizzo, or Bobo to say my life.
  20. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

good thing most people won't request you do that to save your life!

Sarah