Requiem For A Lost Forum(My final Post)

beaker

Reaction score
Hello all. For over 4 years I have been an active and vocal part of the online Muppet community on Muppet Central. However, it has been increasingly clear to me it is time to jump ship.

I had wondered, oh gee...why is there so many leaving at an alarming rate? I realize there isnt any need to wonder.

The online Muppet community as we once knew it is dead.
Muppet Central is for all intensive purposes dead. I sometimes wonder why there's less than a thousand people on here...I dont wonder anymore.

This is my final post on here. No last minute comeback tours, no lurking, no one last final epilogues. This is it.

I no longer wish to be a part of Muppet Central or Tough Pigs for a variety of reasons.

But instead of going on about whys and hows, I instead wanna say a few thanks to people. Some have said that MC has become over run with 'newbies'. I would like to say that if one good thing has come from the 'new' MC it has been a really great new contingent of friendly people I have met on here.

For several years I really didnt make online friends on MC, til this year. Newcomers like Kim(skeeter), Matt(cantus rock),
James(dr tooth), Mike(grail), Chris(crazy harry), Brian(Increedible!), Amy, Sunshineboz, etc have really brightened up this place. Of those who decided to stick it out from the old days(well, at least til recently) I would like to give big hugs to Luke, DW, Warrick, Tom, Jackie, Kevin, Byron, Emmy, Jess, and the various cameos by Smig, Joggy, Clueless Morgan, Danny Horn, etc.

This place has truly for better or worse been the best forum to meet cool people I have ever been on in 5+ years of being online.

But like the evolution of change...I believe it is time for me to go.
Like I said, I dont want to get into the reasons(though there are plenty) but instead wanted to focus on the good.

To new beginnings, and a new Muppet mayhem genesis...
I will be back, in a big way(hopefully with some friends and penguins in tow) 2003 looks to finally be the big year, where the Muppets and JHC return to the greatness last seen in 1989.
The glorious rise of the Muppets back to prominance is afoot,
and I and others hope to have some part of it. It will soon be an exciting time to be a Muppet fan, as never before have we as fans had so much input.

Til then I can be found on
AIM: rivetbadtz
or email: rivetbadtz@hotmail.com
and now and then on Warrick's great new site
fragglerock.iboardplus.com

It's been an interesting and ever rabble rousing roller coater,
and I will see ya guys around.

~c0ry Y0u~

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

Bless Your Little Green Flippers !

See Ya Later!

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Cory,

So long, and thank you so much for what you have done as part of the community and as such a great friend over the years. I hope we see more of you elsewhere in the near future !

Take care and frog bless !

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought you said you WEREN'T leaving!!!! Man! This is a sad day for Muppet Central!! PLEASE COME BACK!!! PLEASE!!! Just once and a while!!! PLEASE!!!!

grail

Reaction score
Cory -

don't make me smack you...get back here. c'mon man, you were one of the reasons i came back, we've have some great conversations, and some even better arguments (in the best possible sense...seriously), and i didn't want to miss out on those.

*sigh* well, you're a big boy, and it's not like i could really MAKE you stay...

i have to admit, this place won't seem nearly as fun without you around. i mean sure, i've got Matt to pick on, but well...he's Matt. heh...

take care Cory...i'll see you on IM, and in Warrick's (when i get around to joining)

Mike

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
I'm alive....are you saying you're walking with the dead now?
Come on, people take time out...it's not dead.
If you need time out, we understand but we won't hold that against you or anyone...why would we...we're all here around something that'll never go away from our hearts...MUPPETS!

When you see the muppets, think of your childhood, what you learned by watching them and think of your friends in the forum who like to talk as freely as possible! You being one of them.

Hope to see you soon.
-Michele

radionate

Reaction score
I'm not picking on Cory here (I hate to see anyone leave), but my God, I've seen less drama on every soap opera airing on TV combined with a gay beauty contest thrown in to boot.

I think people are making mountains out of molehills, and are acting like big childish drama queens.

MC (or the internet period) shouldn't be your lives. Get fresh air, have some fun, go crazy every once and awhile, and venture out into the big world. There's no reason for anyone to make some big elaborate exidous, you don't want to post anymore, don't post. You don't have time right now, fine. Tell folks you know from conversations off the board personally, and pop back into the boards from time to time.

I wouldn't expect a speech like that from any of my drama queen friends, none the less here. It seemed to me like a ploy for attention. More talk of Newbies vs. Oldies, blah blah blah. I'm having fun when I have time reading posts on all the boards, posting here, and living life. I'm really tired of all this drama. Hate to see you go Cory, but life goes on for everyone.

Joggy

Reaction score
Cool!!! I'm considered a "cameo" character now!!

(a la Rowlf in Sex and Violence:smile: "I was with MuppetCentral, but nobody remembers me anymore."