Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
This world's depressing, but I'm hella busy with bills and life and art and good friends I can't lose, so hold down the fort during my sabbatical. All of those things are necessary with or without Trump, particularly art. If you're on my facebook, I'll still be posting my dayjob doodles. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!! :smile:

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
While that is one definition of intolerance, it also means "extreme sensitivity to a drug; allergy; inability to fully metabolize or absorb a substance".

Hence, lactose intolerance =/= (doesn't equal) lactose bigotry, prejudice, etc.

Compare intolerance definition 1 with the definition of bigot (from Merriam-Webster's dictionary):

A person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions or prejudices, esp: one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

The second sense of "bigot" could very well be epitomized by Hitler, who would be even more hated in the 21st century for the dastardly deeds of purging his country of "undesirables", trying to promote the Aryan race as a superior breed of humans, and hated even more so by the LGBTQ community.
The fact that Jesse Owens beat the German runners at the 1936 Olympics (with Hitler watching in the stands) must have been sweet justice. Hitler must've been bent out of shape. Pathetic art school reject.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The fact that Jesse Owens beat the German runners at the 1936 Olympics (with Hitler watching in the stands) must have been sweet justice. Hitler must've been bent out of shape. Pathetic art school reject.
Plus Jesse Owens formed a friendship with his opponent Luz Long. Unfortunately, I could picture a lot of people today trying to erase that part of the story from collective memory.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hitler left the stadium everytime Jesse Owens won a gold medal for anything. He was livid that a black American would beat a German at anything.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Honestly, Hitler was a pretty decent artist, and I really wish he’d kept in that field because he sucked at leading a country.
Well, during WWII Mussolini wasn't much better. At times when the Axis was losing ground (although at the same time Japan was gathering momentum), and Benito was in over his head, Adolf would bail him out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I would recommend checking out The Young Turks on YouTube, especially their 2016 election night coverage. They’re hardcore liberals with very thoughtful, pointed reasons why they don’t fall in line with the Democrats. Including money in politics (i.e. Wall Street) and voter suppression (yes, Democrats do that too). Plus the doubt that Hillary was a true progressive who would make change, as opposed to an opportunistic.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Speaking of White Privilege, let me tell you how it benefitted me.
Last month I got really crazy and ripped the tag off my mattress. Next thing I knew I was being cuffed and stuffed, sent to the big house awaiting my day in court.
Trial day comes, I'm standing before the judge. He reads my deposition and reaches his verdict:
"White Privilege! Case dismissed! Now get your right-leaning Christian Duck Dynasty cracker a$$ out of my courtroom and don't you dare let me see you again!!!!!!!"

And if you're gullible enough to believe that, I got a cheap bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Step into my office.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I was..... Actually almost convinced to be honest....

No, but to be honest, I've pretty much learned it does exist with ignorant bigoted/racist cops that always hog up the spotlight because of the media, as well as the stupid white supremacists that also seem to hog up news reports nowadays.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was..... Actually almost convinced to be honest....

No, but to be honest, I've pretty much learned it does exist with ignorant bigoted/racist cops that always hog up the spotlight because of the media, as well as the stupid white supremacists that also seem to hog up news reports nowadays.
I strung you along that good, eh? 8)