Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
And you wonder why I tagged you the other day?
I mean, in her defense, she's not into politics as much as the rest of us are.

And given her age, I can understand why. I'm 25, @MuppetsRule I'm guessing is.... In his 40's? Though none of my concern. @CensoredAlso I'm guessing is in her 30's-40's, but again, none of my concern, and @Old Thunder I used to think was in his 20's (in all honesty) until he told me "The Best of Thomas" (a 2000's Thomas VHS tapes) was his first tape so I'm guessing he might still be a teenager, but again, none of my concern.

Independents suck.

Boom.
Ouch.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
and @Old Thunder I used to think was in his 20's (in all honesty) until he told me "The Best of Thomas" (a 2000's Thomas VHS tapes) was his first tape so I'm guessing he might still be a teenager, but again, none of my concern.
I’ve been on the earth since the dawn of time, Gerald. I just didn’t get into Thomas until the 2000s because I was busy collecting souls.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
It's a good thing our Beloved President Donald J. Trump has such a wonderful sense of humor, and that his comments about journalists and reporters needed to be gunned down was all said in good-hearted jest, because his supporters may have actually taken that seriously and done that very thing. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, wait a minute, they did. . . .

:oops:
First, it is just incredible that you can take the killing of 5 people and make a joke of it. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims.

Second, got a link to the shooter being a Trump supporter? This is what I found

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/29/sus...aper-shooting-identified-as-jarrod-ramos.html

According to NBC News, Ramos had a history with the paper, filing a suit against it in 2012.
Sounds like it was a personal vendetta by a deeply troubled individual that dates back to at least 2012. That dates well before President Trump.

I'll ask you the same thing I asked our other resident liberal. Why is it necessary to make up alternative facts when attacking President Trump and his supporters? There's enough there about President Trump to dislike all on it's own. Why the exaggeration?

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
First, it is just incredible that you can take the killing of 5 people and make a joke of it. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims.
He's got a point there.

I mean, death isn't really something you should joke about.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
First, it is just incredible that you can take the killing of 5 people and make a joke of it.
Once again, the sarcasm is lost in text. Probably in poor taste, but it goes to show you what Trumpsters dismiss as him "joking" and "having a sense of humor" may not be such.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims.
Once again, we're beyond the point of thoughts and prayers. God didn't put us on this earth to stand around and do nothing, he expects us to actually do something, and in this case, we're past the point of needing to do something about these shootings.
Second, got a link to the shooter being a Trump supporter? This is what I found

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/29/sus...aper-shooting-identified-as-jarrod-ramos.html

According to NBC News, Ramos had a history with the paper, filing a suit against it in 2012.
Sounds like it was a personal vendetta by a deeply troubled individual that dates back to at least 2012. That dates well before President Trump.
I've since learned of those specific details, so in this case, you're probably right about this not necessarily being linked to Trump.
Why is it necessary to make up alternative facts when attacking President Trump and his supporters? There's enough there about President Trump to dislike all on it's own. Why the exaggeration?
Who's exaggerating? Many of these shootings have, indeed, been committed by Trump supporters who had ties to White Supremacy or other hate groups, or even had pro-gun agendas fueled by the NRA's glamorization of guns in America.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Once again, the sarcasm is lost in text. Probably in poor taste, but it goes to show you what Trumpsters dismiss as him "joking" and "having a sense of humor" may not be such.
To be fair, death is a big issue to take the risk of joking on even if it is satirical. That's why some may get defensive about it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I get that, again, I wasn't specifically pointing out those who lost their lives in this shooting, the point was when Trump makes remarks about something like this needs to happen, and his supporters dismiss it as him "just joking," is probably not the wisest thing to do, because it may not be a joke.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Once again, we're beyond the point of thoughts and prayers. God didn't put us on this earth to stand around and do nothing, he expects us to actually do something
So what are you doing, D'Snowth?