1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jvcarroll, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

Stan Lee? When was this?

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Earlier in 2018.

3. Any Del

Just seen it. At this point you're better off living single (for me that is).

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  4. LittleJerry92

I mean, not ALL women are like that, to be fair.

Some of my best friends happen to be female and I have no regrets bringing them in my life.

Some users on here like @ConsummateVs, @Sgt Floyd and @MikaelaMuppet are some of the coolest girls i’ve met in my life and I enjoy their company here.

5. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I too have plenty of female friends, and in fact, with some of them I can even make jokes and remarks that would be deemed "too sexist" for mixed company otherwise, because they know I mean nothing by it.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  7. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

Insert that typically Thunder response about how he prefers his female friends to his male friends which you’ve heard a hundred times before.

Any Del and LittleJerry92 like this.
  8. LittleJerry92

Us men love you too. ;)

9. Any Del

We love you father @Old Thunder. :D

10. Old Thunder

That’s great because I’m pansexual.

11. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

I mean.... chivalry should die in that in is based on the idea that women are property. Politeness, though, should not die. I hold the door for anyone, male of female, that may be coming up behind me. I wont rush in front of someone to open. The door for them though like a jerk, unless they are carrying things or disabled or something. Check etiquette should depend on who asked who out. If i ask someone out, i pay. If I am asked out, they pay. Dont ask me to go to a movie and then expect me to pay, thats rude. Or split it. If one of you is super rich and the other struggling, then the wealthier person should pay most of the time.

Just treat people like people. If you want to be romantically involved with them, be up front, but still treat them like people. If they are crazy and think holding a door is opression, cut them from your life.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    LittleJerry92 and Old Thunder like this.
  12. D'Snowth

I literally have never heard that argument.
    Same here, despite the stigma that if you hold the door open for a man, you're gay.

13. Old Thunder

@MWoO I agree with the bulk of that post but please proofread better next time. :p

14. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

What? I have never heard this.

15. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

This is what a combination of a small phone, fat fingers, no auto correct on, and being super tired will get you. Usually if a post I write has a lot of errors its because it was done on my phone.

16. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

17. Old Thunder

Oh. My. God. That was the most vile preaching I've ever heard in my life. None of that pertained to anything spiritual and was just one ticked-off idiot using the Bible to justify his bigotry. I think it's high-time we started taxing churches like his. If they wanna get into the political spectrum, then it's time they paid their way in like the rest of "idiots" do.

LittleJerry92, Any Del and D'Snowth like this.
  18. D'Snowth

Trump's now got commercials for his wall. . . .

Why am I surprised by this?

19. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Thanks @LittleJerry92.

[​IMG]

20. LittleJerry92

Because it’s Trump! He can do whatever he wants! :) *sarcasm off*

D'Snowth likes this.