Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Interesting tidbit about Judge Kavanaugh. He served on the legal team to investigate and impeach President Clinton. He also served on the Bush legal team in the hanging-chad election that the Democrats are still bitter about. Think the Dems had a little extra motivation to bring him down and not see him nominated?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
At any rate, Kavanaugh may not be guilty, but the way he acted during the hearing was unprofessional and I don’t think he’s gonna be a great Supreme Court judge.
I will say this. I do believe that Dr. Ford was sexually assaulted when she was 17. As far as Brett Kavanaugh's guilt? I'm not sure to be quite honest, but I think he's innocent. The FBI found no evidence to prove Dr. Ford's claim. I kinda believe both of them. It's possible that she was sexually assaulted by someone else and mistook the identity. I don't know. The man has been investigated by the FBI over 6 times as part of background checks for his time in the Whitehouse under Bush and now for this nomination. Nothing to disqualify him turned up during ANY of the investigations. As someone who knows several people who have worked in the Secret Service and the FBI I can tell you they do a very thorough background check. Nothing gets missed. One of my friends said they found relatives even he didn't know he had.

It is a shame that both sides put Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh through this in order to score political points. They both put their party before the country. BOTH SIDES. I do put more blame on the Democrats though. They had this information back in July. They could have released that information then quietly. Dr. Ford could have stayed anonymous. And it's likely the Republicans quietly withdraw Brett Kavanaugh's nomination and put somebody else up. Instead, the Dems held the information until the very last possible minute in order to gain an advantage in the mid-term elections.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I will say this. I do believe that Dr. Ford was sexually assaulted when she was 17. As far as Brett Kavanaugh's guilt? I'm not sure to be quite honest, but I think he's innocent. The FBI found no evidence to prove Dr. Ford's claim. I kinda believe both of them. It's possible that she was sexually assaulted by someone else and mistook the identity. I don't know. The man has been investigated by the FBI over 6 times as part of background checks for his time in the Whitehouse under Bush and now for this nomination. Nothing to disqualify him turned up during ANY of the investigations. As someone who knows several people who have worked in the Secret Service and the FBI I can tell you they do a very thorough background check. Nothing gets missed. One of my friends said they found relatives even he didn't know he had.

It is a shame that both sides put Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh through this in order to score political points. They both put their party before the country. BOTH SIDES. I do put more blame on the Democrats though. They had this information back in July. They could have released that information then quietly. Dr. Ford could have stayed anonymous. And it's likely the Republicans quietly withdraw Brett Kavanaugh's nomination and put somebody else up. Instead, the Dems held the information until the very last possible minute in order to gain an advantage in the mid-term elections.
In the process ruined Dr. Ford and Kavanaugh, and their credibility.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
People hate Trump, but at the end of the day I think they hate Kavanaugh more. I'm giving it 6 month till someone tries to kill him. Honestly with all the hate Trump has I'm surprised he hasn't been attacked.
Kavanaugh already got his share of death threats. So has Dr. Ford, Senator Manchin, anyone who swung their vote for Kavanaugh.

The biggest hypocrites in this whole mess come from Hollywood. People with questionable pasts who think now they can preach to others how to behave.
Jimmy Kimmel condemns Kavanaugh without a shred of proof. Meanwhile 20 years ago as host of "The Man Show", he has cameras rolling while soliciting strangers to feel him up.
Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar equally condemning Kavanaugh. But even with admission of guilt, still willing to pardon Al Franken. After all, it wasn't "RAPE rape". Just a matter of degree.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Kavanaugh already got his share of death threats. So has Dr. Ford, Senator Manchin, anyone who swung their vote for Kavanaugh.

The biggest hypocrites in this whole mess come from Hollywood. People with questionable pasts who think now they can preach to others how to behave.
Jimmy Kimmel condemns Kavanaugh without a shred of proof. Meanwhile 20 years ago as host of "The Man Show", he has cameras rolling while soliciting strangers to feel him up.
Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar equally condemning Kavanaugh. But even with admission of guilt, still willing to pardon Al Franken. After all, it wasn't "RAPE rape". Just a matter of degree.
Well we live in a day in age where you are guilty until proven innocent, and even when you are innocent your still guilty. What's wrong is right and what's right is wring....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oy vey gevalt. As if things couldn't get any worse, now Taylor $#!+ is trying to become the face of the Democratic party like Kanye Pest has been for the Republican party.

The last thing we need representing our party is an egotistical little narcissist who thinks they somehow do good for the world when they really don't . . . and no, I'm not talking about Trump; Taylor was like that before Trump ever made narcissism a thing.

And how ironic is it that here's a black guy that the Republican party is absolutely loving, and a blonde white chick the Republican party is absolutely hating . . . it's like that part is somehow all brass-backwards.

But still, I mean . . . Taylor, just stick to your $#!++y-***, "You broke up with me, now I'm singing about what a loser you are for doing this to me" music; Kanye, just stick to your $#!++y-***, "I'm Gandhi, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Walt Disney, and Jesus all rolled into one" rapping; you guys are just making fools of yourselves, and aren't saving face for either party.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Oy vey gevalt. As if things couldn't get any worse, now Taylor $#!+ is trying to become the face of the Democratic party like Kanye Pest has been for the Republican party.

The last thing we need representing our party is an egotistical little narcissist who thinks they somehow do good for the world when they really don't . . . and no, I'm not talking about Trump; Taylor was like that before Trump ever made narcissism a thing.

And how ironic is it that here's a black guy that the Republican party is absolutely loving, and a blonde white chick the Republican party is absolutely hating . . . it's like that part is somehow all brass-backwards.

But still, I mean . . . Taylor, just stick to your $#!++y-***, "You broke up with me, now I'm singing about what a loser you are for doing this to me" music; Kanye, just stick to your $#!++y-***, "I'm Gandhi, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Walt Disney, and Jesus all rolled into one" rapping; you guys are just making fools of yourselves, and aren't saving face for either party.
I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift either, but I really think you should tone down the insults towards her.

I'm not saying this because I'm a rabid feminist or because I'm defending her, it's just that (no offense) your Swift hatred has become a bit tiring, and you shouldn't hurl so many insults at someone who isn't necessarily a bad person.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything, I'm just saying that you should lay it off a bit.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, I get it, actually. Like Flaky Pudding's obsession with adult cartoons like ROBOT CHICKEN and FAMILY GUY is tiring.

But yeah, hopefully I won't need to bring up Taylor again, but I couldn't help pointing this out because of how absurd it is.