Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I' tend to rotate my language when talking about issues. Check previous statements and you'll see I've used the term pro-life. But, fair enough in this situation.
I shouldn’t be forgiving, but I’ll make an exception. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Mentioning the politics of a politician is somehow not politically correct? Does not compute. Mentioning the religious practices of those who'd wish to limit my personal freedoms based on their religion is an attack? I think the President has somehow warped the minds of the nation about bullies and bullying. I'm perplexed by this.
Dude, this is what I’m talking about. Not everything is about Trump, lol.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Dude, this is what I’m talking about. Not everything is about Trump, lol.
The fish smells from the head, but most of this was about your criticism of mentioning the politics of a politician being somehow not politically correct in your eyes of whatever political correctness is (without using that term). This is just weird.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This is where it seems that you're trying to incite a reaction rather than discuss the issues. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure how you'd react if I made a same sort of statement. I guess this is where I should have bowed out for the day and return later in the week. I'm all for getting a laugh, talking about the issues, and connecting with people of differing and opposing politics. Instigation, not so much. That's kind of what I wanted this thread to get away from. I hope the intent is to respectfully discuss issues and not to illicit extreme reactions. I could be reading that wrong. I really could. But I'm choosing to be cautious here. Off to work. Frog Bless Us, Everyone.
I don’t think there is a topic that I try to shut down in quite the same way.

And please let’s not rush back to “Heralde is out to ruin my thread again.” I think by now it should be obvious it’s always more complicated than that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The fish smells from the head, but most of this was about your criticism of mentioning the politics of a politician being somehow not politically correct in your eyes of whatever political correctness is (without using that term). This is just weird.
I heard that on CNN too. :wink:

It’s not weird. Like Jerry said, for many of us politics is not something everyone loves to make a huge part of their life.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I don’t think there is a topic that I try to shut down in quite the same way.

And please let’s not rush back to “Heralde is out to ruin my thread again.” I think by now it should be obvious it’s always more complicated than that.
I know. And I genuinely appreciate (and sometimes even look forward to) our conversations. That part genuinely confused me, so instead of letting it fester or lashing out, I wanted to calmly address it and see what's up. That should always be the first go-to.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I heard that on CNN too. :wink:

It’s not weird. Like Jerry said, for many of us politics is not something everyone loves to make a huge part of their life.
Yes, but mentioning that I don't like the politics of a Senator, but like the man, should never be out of bounds. In fact, the idea of seeing the character behind a man whose politics I do not share is actually a GOOD thing that somehow has been perverted here. I don't understand that. I guess it all has to do with the prism that one chooses to view things through. I admire much about McCain.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
we need a savior
Don't you think I'm a savior
Don't you think I could save you
Don't you think I could save your life

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes, but mentioning that I don't like the politics of a Senator, but like the man, should never be out of bounds. In fact, the idea of seeing the character behind a man whose politics I do not share is actually a GOOD thing that somehow has been perverted here. I don't understand that. I guess it all has to do with the prism that one chooses to view things through. I admire much about McCain.
Now, now I did not say out of bounds. I said it’s cringey, for me. I very reluctantly make politics part of my identity.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Mentioning the politics of a politician is somehow not politically correct? Does not compute. . . . . I'm perplexed by this.
What doesn't compute for me is statements such as "I like John McCain, despite his politics." That seems to be implying that you can separate politics from the person. But when it comes to your criticism of "Trump supporters" that doesn't seem to apply. You don't allow them to separate his politics from the person. Because he is reprehensible as a person you give his supporters no respect as far as politics.