Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
What doesn't compute for me is statements such as "I like John McCain, despite his politics." That seems to be implying that you can separate politics from the person. But when it comes to your criticism of "Trump supporters" that doesn't seem to apply. You don't allow them to separate his politics from the person. Because he is reprehensible as a person you give his supporters no respect as far as politics.
You're in disagreement with Censored Also here? You are individuals, but both she and I recognize that one can separate that. Very much so. It is intertwined, but separations can be made. With Trump, yes and no. As long as his supporters criticize his racial baiting and other terrible behavior when it occurs, then yes. To some extent, one can separate the two. You've personally admitted the racist elements in his politics in threads past and deleted and I appreciated that. I keep going far out of my way to respect you, yet past grudges seem to keep popping up. I'm beyond that and have made many attempts to express it and have apologized for my side of the street on that several times. I thought we were both past that. Just perplexed about having some sort of argument where I'm not really much of a participant. I enjoy our discussions. I'm not mad; I just don't quite know where it's all coming from. Some is probably me. Maybe past. Maybe present. I have no clue and little energy to devote. So, I'm off to work. Hope it all cools down. Later all. I'll pop back some soon. :smile:

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Now, now I did not say out of bounds. I said it’s cringey, for me. I very reluctantly make politics part of my identity.
Okay. Thanks for that clarity. That's completely fair. We all have those things. I get that. I disagree with that particular thing, but respect how that makes you feel. In my attempt at empathy here, for you it's like a "love the sinner hate the sin" sort of thing that makes me cringe, right?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Okay. Thanks for that clarity. That's completely fair. We all have those things. I get that. I disagree with that particular thing, but respect how that makes you feel. In my attempt at empathy here, for you it's like a "love the sinner hate the sin" sort of thing that makes me cringe, right?
I probably was being too contrary for contrary’s sake there, lol. Sorry for that. I appreciate you being empathetic. As for everything else, I bring up the abortion thing because I truly do want to be able to support the Democrats. But they have a way of making that...distasteful.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I probably was being too contrary for contrary’s sake there, lol. Sorry for that. I appreciate you being empathetic. As for everything else, I bring up the abortion thing because I truly do want to be able to support the Democrats. But they have a way of making that...distasteful.
That's completely fair and I really appreciate where you're coming from. I once shared something similar to that viewpoint, but things changed over time with experiences I had. Those are different (not better or worse) than the ones you have had. We all are where we are on our journey. At one point in mine, I did have to think about this issue. You thought I was joking, but there was truth behind that. My girlfriend and I had a scare in high school. It all worked out without having to go there, but we cried and discussed everything. Both Christians at the time. And, yes, this was the same school where Ted Cruz had graduated from a year or two prior to this particular incident. Getting back, however, it is something that should be discussed more and people shouldn't have to fear for expressing their views.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's completely fair and I really appreciate where you're coming from. I once shared something similar to that viewpoint, but things changed over time with experiences I had. Those are different (not better or worse) than the ones you have had. We all are where we are on our journey. At one point in mine, I did have to think about this issue. You thought I was joking, but there was truth behind that. My girlfriend and I had a scare in high school. It all worked out without having to go there, but we cried and discussed everything. Both Christians at the time. And, yes, this was the same school where Ted Cruz had graduated from a year or two prior to this particular incident. Getting back, however, it is something that should be discussed more and people shouldn't have to fear for expressing their views.
I totally get that it’s a difficult, complicated decision. What’s scaring me right now is the normalizing. The outright celebration. That’s just a completely opposite moral compass to my own.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I will leave y'alll with this. I hope we can all agree here. Real product. OMG!
And we think we have issues in the US. ACK!! Lovely women, but terrible taste! As a product developer myself, I do not understand how some things make it through!!!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Also, there's this. Nas Daily is an inspiring series of daily 60 second videos. They make you think and celebrate life in a way that few other things do - and they ask you to buy no products or make any internal change. It's just inspiration for inspiration sake. It's one of the several things that inspired me to create this particular page after so many soured efforts. And it's one of the several things that help me to keep things with myself on track. This is a recent video that I thought was appropriate to share here. It also doesn't hurt that the fella has a cute smile. Hehe. Now I'm officially off. Love all!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I will leave y'alll with this. I hope we can all agree here. Real product. OMG!
And we think we have issues in the US. ACK!! Lovely women, but terrible taste! As a product developer myself, I do not understand how some things make it through!!!
Lol, um, interesting choice! It reminds me of some of those Muppet T-shirts from those TP contests.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Also, there's this. Nas Daily is an inspiring series of daily 60 second videos. They make you think and celebrate life in a way that few other things do - and they ask you to buy no products or make any internal change. It's just inspiration for inspiration sake. It's one of the several things that inspired me to create this particular page after so many soured efforts. And it's one of the several things that help me to keep things with myself on track. This is a recent video that I thought was appropriate to share here. It also doesn't hurt that the fella has a cute smile. Hehe. Now I'm officially off. Love all!
He does have a cute smile, lol. Nice brain too!