Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If this has already been posted I'm sorry

And this is my enturpretation of the song
But this is powerful. This is a song about America and how oblivious people are to guns and the world around them.

Thanks for introducing me, this is the first song I've ever heard of his (haven't really been keeping up lately).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Daaaw, but within reason tho. LOL! I do very much the same thing.
He's definitely right. Being a shy person and not always knowing what to say, I realized just smiling does go a long way with people.

I assume he meant people thought the beard was intimidating? Yeah that actually is a thing, but I'm not sure why. Is it genetic? Because I've heard even dogs and babies can be afraid of guys with beards (women with beards is probably really shocking too :insatiable:).

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm really hoping all this news about concentration camps being established to throw the children of deported immigrants into is all just sensationalism and fake news . . . I really hope so.

On an interesting note, Session was apparently in town recently boasting about ripping immigrant families apart and what have you, and our local bishop went off on his like a Roman Candle (no Catholic pun intended), saying there is no way this can be justified as a Godly thing to do tearing innocent children away from their parents - illegal immigrants or not. Sessions was speechless.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm really hoping all this news about concentration camps being established to throw the children of deported immigrants into is all just sensationalism and fake news . . . I really hope so.

On an interesting note, Session was apparently in town recently boasting about ripping immigrant families apart and what have you, and our local bishop went off on his like a Roman Candle (no Catholic pun intended), saying there is no way this can be justified as a Godly thing to do tearing innocent children away from their parents - illegal immigrants or not. Sessions was speechless.
And while Sessions is doing the fearmonger bigot thing, another republican is doing something rather remarkable. I mean, it shouldn't be remarkable, but in this climate, it is. John Kasich is encouraging immigrants to come to Ohio in order to be a part of the fabric of their state and their economy. I want to call that out right now. His ideas are often hit or miss with me, but he always stands firm in his beliefs no matter what other say and I admire that. He has shown his heart many times over and this makes me hopeful that more politicians will follow such a lead - not necessarily in ideas, but temperament, authenticity and empathy.

jvcarroll

Reaction score

An old pencil drawing. I know many people just like his entertainment, but the heart of much of my politics stems from the lessons and the works of Henson. More people of all parties and political persuasions could also take a lesson in HOW he conveyed those messages and treated others. It's easy to forget that and just focus on the message itself, but that's part of it too. And that's what this thread is trying to do. Another lesson I learned from him is resilience. No matter how many people told him no, he kept trying until he go the Muppet Show on the air. He had to fly to another continent to do so, but he did what it took. That's why I chose this particular drawing. My right wrist was crushed during the period I drew this, but in order to stay in college, I had to press on and learn how to draw with my left hand. All Muppets are left handed and, for several months, I was too. Anyway, I thank Jim for gently teaching the world his message of peace, perseverance, and embracing otherness.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

An old pencil drawing. I know many people just like his entertainment, but the heart of much of my politics stems from the lessons and the works of Henson. More people of all parties and political persuasions could also take a lesson in HOW he conveyed those messages and treated others. It's easy to forget that and just focus on the message itself, but that's part of it too. And that's what this thread is trying to do. Another lesson I learned from him is resilience. No matter how many people told him no, he kept trying until he go the Muppet Show on the air. He had to fly to another continent to do so, but he did what it took. That's why I chose this particular drawing. My right wrist was crushed during the period I drew this, but in order to stay in college, I had to press on and learn how to draw with my left hand. All Muppets are left handed and, for several months, I was too. Anyway, I thank Jim for gently teaching the world his message of peace, perseverance, and embracing otherness.
Why was your right hand crushed?