Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Gots a question for y'all. This song came out a couple weeks ago and the LGBTQ is split on it. It's about girls loving girls and it's all innocent enough IMHO, but some have found it offensive to lesbians. Maybe I can't see it. My friends can't either, but am I missing something? Every group has its gripers who'll find something awful to say about anything, but I'm not sure if this is that. (BTW, this is the song, the video is just a placeholder until they shoot a music video, I think)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, the main problem is you got Bebe Rexha and Charli XCX . . . they're not known for their talent, they're known for how $lu++y they dress and how much skin they can show when they perform.

I mean I've seen Charli XCX concert videos before . . . she can't sing, she hardly has an act, and almost all the videos are basically the pervs in the audience trying to shoot up her tiny skirts. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I meant for Snowth specifically since he told me he likes taking it on cool nights and watch The Best of Ernie and Bert under the influence.
Just Friday nights.

And "The Best of Ernie and Bert" is a double feature to "Bedtime Stories and Songs." :stick_out_tongue:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Well, the main problem is you got Bebe Rexha and Charli XCX . . . they're not known for their talent, they're known for how $lu++y they dress and how much skin they can show when they perform.

I mean I've seen Charli XCX concert videos before . . . she can't sing, she hardly has an act, and almost all the videos are basically the pervs in the audience trying to shoot up her tiny skirts. :stick_out_tongue:
I'm okay with body positive people. I mean, people can walk around naked here in SF (and it's never the ones who should) so I'm used to it. :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm okay with body positive people.
This is more like . . . at the risk of dredging up that topic again . . . how like they say how women invite sexual harassment on themselves because of how they dress and what have you. Charli XCX aside, Bebe Rexha's the kind of girl you'd see on SEINFELD where everybody would be staring at her cleavage - she leaves very little to the imagination.

I mean, I see it as a two-way street, and while I'm not saying that sexual harassment is entirely the fault of women for how they dress, I also think they could reach a happy medium . . . y'know, it's like how Meghan Trainor was intentionally sending mixed signals with that "No" video of hers, where she's practically decked out in leather S&M attire, dancing suggestively, groping herself, and all that crap.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
This is more like . . . at the risk of dredging up that topic again . . . how like they say how women invite sexual harassment on themselves because of how they dress and what have you. Charli XCX aside, Bebe Rexha's the kind of girl you'd see on SEINFELD where everybody would be staring at her cleavage - she leaves very little to the imagination.

I mean, I see it as a two-way street, and while I'm not saying that sexual harassment is entirely the fault of women for how they dress, I also think they could reach a happy medium . . . y'know, it's like how Meghan Trainor was intentionally sending mixed signals with that "No" video of hers, where she's practically decked out in leather S&M attire, dancing suggestively, groping herself, and all that crap.
As long as she owns that, it's cool. Looking is just fine. That's natural. Saying something is a little on the fence depending what it is. Touching is off limits without permission. It's pretty easy peasy, but if a person dresses provocatively and then calls others on noticing, they're asking too much of others.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
How people dress up is up to them.

Touching someone against their will is another story.

I mean ****. I dress up in alot of sweats during the winter and people can assume I'm looking to cause trouble in gang wars. But at the end of the day, assumptions are still assumptions.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I dress up in alot of sweats during the winter and people can assume I'm looking to cause trouble in gang wars.
Oh, so that's the new stigma for sweats now? Going from lazy and socially unacceptable because they're not "real clothes" to be thug and gangbanger attire? :rolleyes: