Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I doubt it. Trump doesn’t read, not even comic books. :laugh:
Hasn't he claimed to have read the Bible? Which doesn't really mean anything, because there is a verse in the Bible that says the devil also knows the Bible and trimbles.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Can I just confess I have my own personal reasons for wanting Trump gone? My family, miserable individuals even on the sunniest of days, are divided when it comes to having the right or left in power. I can’t take sides because frankly, and not surprisingly, both sides have become utterly impossible to be around. If I was a spiteful person, I’d support Trump just to stick it to my unbearably self righteous family members. On the other hand, I’d also deride Trump just to stick it to my unbearably paranoid other family members. You see my dilemma.
I want Trump gone because 1) obviously he's ruining the country, right? But 2) honestly I'm just tired of seeing his ugly frog face every single day on social media. It's gotten to the point where I've unfollowed people on Facebook because they share too much political crap, even if it means someone who was a close friend of mine, and it also doesn't help with the media trying to follow his every foot step.

I'll even go as far as saying sometimes I feel like I've also gotten kind of anti social with people cause now it feels like we're all divided when it comes to having Trump as our president.

Last edited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'll even go as far as saying sometimes I feel like I've also gotten kind of anti social with people cause now it feels like we're all divided when it comes to having Trump as our president.
I know social media is inherently garbage anyway, but I can't fathom the people who are so DELIGHTED at hurling insults at others over freakin politics. And what's beyond creepy is how normal and even pleasant their profiles look. Clearly that doesn't mean anything at all.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Dude, same!

I unfollowed this one guy I used to think was cool because he'd categorize every single liberal as that whiney guy who complains about people being white or police lives matter blah blah. He wasn't even just expressing his views; he was antagonizing other people for them.

One friend of mine from college even blocked me on Facebook just because I voted for Trump at the time (some of you know I was in an extreme conservative phase at that time, but months later, after having some time to shape up myself because 2016 was NOT my year, my views have since changed), and even if my views have changed, I still have lost respect for the guy just for giving me the cold shoulder on my then-current political views.

Another "friend" from high school even tried chewing me out for my vote. I have since unfriended the guy because he was a real ******* smart ***.

I'm still friends with a few Trump supporters who, BY THE WAY, are black and female. (*GASP* Shocker! Right?!) And are some of the coolest people I've met.

I just don't have respect for people who believe politics determines friendships. :smirk:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I also hate to admit it, and I really do feel like a bit of a cock saying this, but I've also lost a little (not alot, but a little) respect for one friend of mine who unfriended @D'Snowth just because he was sharing alot of anti Trump stuff (at least from what it sounds like he told me) yet have seen her do the same and is actually one of the few people I've unfollowed because of it.

I'm not gonna give out names but I'm sure Snowth knows who I'm talking about.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Dude, same!

I unfollowed this one guy I used to think was cool because he'd categorize every single liberal as that whiney guy who complains about people being white or police lives matter blah blah. He wasn't even just expressing his views; he was antagonizing other people for them.

One friend of mine from college even blocked me on Facebook just because I voted for Trump at the time (some of you know I was in an extreme conservative phase at that time, but months later, after having some time to shape up myself because 2016 was NOT my year, my views have since changed), and even if my views have changed, I still have lost respect for the guy just for giving me the cold shoulder on my then-current political views.

Another "friend" from high school even tried chewing me out for my vote. I have since unfriended the guy because he was a real ******* smart ***.

I'm still friends with a few Trump supporters who, BY THE WAY, are black and female. (*GASP* Shocker! Right?!) And are some of the coolest people I've met.

I just don't have respect for people who believe politics determines friendships. :smirk:
I think the most awkward situation are my Facebook friends who are the parents of my friends, like adults I've known since I was a kid and looked up to, etc. It's really awkward thinking of them as being "wrong" and you want to tip toe around not upsetting them too much, heh.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't want to bring politics into the bible study thread, so I'll just say here, I think the country is going through it's own Job story right now...