Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Old Thunder

Reaction score
To be honest.... The statement only white people can be racist to me is just an excuse to give the entire race even more of a bad rep and make people of color look innocent.
People keep talking about "remembering the past" and such. And I agree. We need to remember the past so that nothing like that happens in the future ever again. It's driving me nuts that discrimination against white people is somehow okay simply because we did ****** things in the past. It isn't. No one wants to let go, and here's why our country is failing. No one actually wants everyone to have equal rights, as loud as they may seem to scream for them.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Reminds me of feminists who claim they want "equal rights", but as soon as you try and attack them even if they may have started it first and you're out to defend yourself?

"You can't hit me! I'm a girl!"

Old Thunder

Reaction score
one of my best friends beats me up all the time and is sad that i never hit her back and also i have some weird ******* friends

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm the type of guy who will tell someone to back off because I don't like getting into physical confrontations. After a few warnings, if they continue, I'm gonna defend myself.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I don't think anyone here is denying racism exists, particularly among whites. It indeed does exist and is seemingly on the rise, fueled in part by President Trump and his hateful rhetoric. But to label all whites, or all Trump supporters, as racist, is, well, pretty much racist in itself. Applying stereotypes to any race, or politic persuasion, or sexual persuasion, what have you, is wrong. Period.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
People would correct you that's being prejudice, but no, I agree.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
To be honest.... The statement only white people can be racist to me is just an excuse to give the entire race even more of a bad rep and make people of color look innocent.
One thing that's never been discussed is the strong undercurrent of racism between blacks and Asians, especially Koreans.
Back in 1992 during the Rodney King riots, not only were black people lashing out against whites, but in the L.A. neighborhood of Koreatown as well. Black people resented Koreans coming over and opening their own businesses, working 7 days a week, 16 hours a day. Koreans resented the blacks for not working as hard as them. So when blacks came to Koreatown to burn stores down, some Koreans enacted their own brand of martial law and shot at looters and trespassers, ask questions later.
Such tensions existed in New York for years as well, but never spilled over into the streets.

I mentioned before, racism stems from two things: fear and ignorance. If you're human, you have the potential of being a racist too, and if you're human, that means you're not immune from it. To suggest racism is confined to white people is misguided ignorance.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Reminds me of feminists who claim they want "equal rights", but as soon as you try and attack them even if they may have started it first and you're out to defend yourself?

"You can't hit me! I'm a girl!"
Sorry...I know NO feminists who do this. I do know a couple with very large chips on their shoulders, but all feminists, myself included, never back down from a fight over sexism. Unless that person was throwing a joke at you about double standards for women, they certainly weren't a diehard feminist.

All the ones I know would utterly kick the *** of anyone attacking them.