Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
People shouldn't need religion to do good. The Golden Rule exists independently of religion.
As I said, the horrible things religion has done I hate with every part of my being. I continue to respect religion, however, merely for the good it’s done in this world. Even if it’s not much.
Religion, however, is words and ideas. It's people who give life to that. Religion without people is nothingness. One could adhere to the values of a television program and call it a religion. I think we're defining religion differently. :stick_out_tongue:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
There's religion, the church, and the people. I have issues with all three, but only one has the capacity to admit wrongdoing - people. I put my faith in people with integrity, no matter what their faith. People also get wrong that atheists are somehow faithless. Just as their are good Catholics and terrible people who are also Catholic, the same is true for atheists. The difference is in acknowledging which one tries to impose their will on others. It's about toxicity. Toxic people VERY MUCH exist. Some like to stir the pot in order to create chaos. Some work to their own ends. While I don't believe or respect religion more than I do Santa Claus, I admire people who use it to better themselves and, as long as they'er not trying to handle my business, I wouldn't change a thing about it. I think it comes down to the conversion factor. Evangelical Atheists are as toxic as Evangelical Christians. Sharing knowledge and outlook is one thing. Imposing it is another. I acknowledge that sometimes it's a very fine line. In the end, the excuses, reasoning, and implementation of religion defines the person more than the religion itself. Saying something like," I don't have a problem with gay people, but the Bible does." is cowardly. That's the kind of thing I take issue with. I have many lovely Christians and Catholics in my life. I wouldn't change a hair on their head and they wouldn't change a hair on mine. That's the place i hope our society is headed. I think it's actually where most people are.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As I said, the horrible things religion has done I hate with every part of my being. I continue to respect religion, however, merely for the good it’s done in this world. Even if it’s not much.
The horrible things human beings have done I hate with every fiber of my being. I continue to respect human beings, however, merely for the good they’ve done in this world. Even if it’s not much.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Once again . . . never see liberals intentionally troll conservatives like this. Always conservatives toward liberals. This is why we have division in this country.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Do you realize this photo was taken during President Obama's administration? Care to revise your viewpoint of how President Trump is creating concentration camps?

http://www.businessinsider.com/migrant-children-in-cages-2014-photos-explained-2018-5
You're owning this thread, man.

Though I will say I'm very happy that we've all taken the "respectful" bit of that title to heart in this thread. This is the most peaceful political chat this forum has ever had.