Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Probably the fact that Republicans that support Trump are in denial of what he's doing to immigrant families.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Probably the fact that Republicans that support Trump are in denial of what he's doing to immigrant families.
Yep. Some of them are claiming that the separation of immigrant families is yet another Democratic conspiracy "because Russia, the gun ban, and Stormy Daniels didn't work."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did the Net Neutrality repeal still happen? Because I just got a text from AT&T saying they've merged with Warner and will be sharing my information with them - and I believe, if I'm not mistaken, AT&T (like Comcast) was among those for the repeal.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Can I just once again express how much I love the right's mentality? After all these months, they've finally come up with a rebuttal for the argument that white people in America are the original immigrants, since they immigrated over here from Europe, stole the land from the natives, then tried to drive them out. The right's new response? "Whites weren't immigrants, they were conquerors."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

At the risk of encouraging them . . . they . . . do have a point, actually.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
A few facts:

FACT: President Obama deported more immigrants than any other president before him at the time of his term.

FACT: Obama did not support illegal immigration or open borders. He shared similar feelings on the issue as every president before him, regardless of party, since Jimmy Carter. He felt that people shouldn't be rewarded for cutting in line.

FACT: Undocumented immigrants statistically have much more to fear from us than we should feel toward them.

FACT: We already have a border. Better fortifying it with modern technology makes sense. Making a greater physical wall just wastes money. It's a useless vanity project.

FACT: These immigrants do not take jobs from existing Americans. We desperately need more of them to grow our economy. They tend to do the thankless jobs that we do not want.

FACT: There is not, nor has there ever been, a democratic bill supporting total amnesty for undocumented immigrants.

FACT: Barack Obama never instituted nor used the separation of families as part of any immigration process. Except for a few very specific cases, families were housed together. This separation and detainment is all Trump's doing.

FACT: Both parties almost reached an agreement on at least one piecemeal immigration bill, but Trump, himself, killed the bill before it could go up for a vote because he didn't get his wall.

FACT: Mexico will never pay for the Trump Wall.

FACT: Not all immigrants who've been separated from their families by President Trump's orders was trying to enter the US illegally. Many surrender to the authorities right at the border requesting amnesty or to begin the legal process.

FACT: We are not one bit safer caging kids, apart from their parents, in warehouses.

FACT: It is now Donald Trump who wants to halt immigration reform in order to play politics for the midterm elections.

FACT: This is the dictionary definition of con man. .

con man, kän man/ noun

A man who cheats or tricks someone by gaining their trust and persuading them to believe something that is not true.

F
ACT: Trump has made a career out of cheating people out of their money, making exaggerations, and telling people flat-out-lies in order to get what he wants. He's also done 180 degree turns on many key issues as president.

CONCLUSION: This is a manufactured crisis. How can you trust any candidate who lies with impunity this much?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In terms of Obama's views on illegal immigration, I actually remember a video (one that was more right wingers bashing on the left being like "Oh, they never cared when Clinton or Obama brought it up" which is because there was a difference: they didn't intend to separate children and put them in cages) where he himself brought up that illegal immigration is an issue.