Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Yeeeeaaahhhh, I know what you are sayin'. I'm just not real big on the Hitler/Facist/Nazi comparison's. People lose a lot of credibility the moment they glibly throw those out. They should do some research and reading up on the Holocaust. While President Trump may be an a-hole, there is still a loooong stretch between a-hole and the second coming of Hitler.
Yes, this.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Yeeeeaaahhhh, I know what you are sayin'. I'm just not real big on the Hitler/Facist/Nazi comparison's. People lose a lot of credibility the moment they glibly throw those out. They should do some research and reading up on the Holocaust. While President Trump may be an a-hole, there is still a loooong stretch between a-hole and the second coming of Hitler.
That's a classic Jon Stewart saying back when things were much simper. They do, but blaming minorities for the workingman's ills, putting kids in cages and parents in jail has the beginning shades of Nazi Germany. It WON'T go to the same place. Not anywhere near it. But it is very similar to the beginning of his campaign and downright evil in it's own right. Until now, I've been reluctant to make the connection, but those are the only ones I make at the moment. One of the main differences is that Hitler had a plan. Trump just has narcissism and optics as his goals. So, I get what you mean. Again, I agree in PART. The word "infestation", however, that Trump uses to describe flesh and blood people, speaks volumes.

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Also, I like how you mirror my tone back to me. It is legit amusing! Seriously. I kinda live for it in this thread. :smile: This is the MR I've missed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

And cue the racist religious right calling for a boycott for Progressive for pushing leftist agendas.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, look! More of that "hyperbole" that isn't really actually happening in the country at an increasing rate like shootings:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...edly-calls-police_us_5b2e94a5e4b00295f15cf35f

But, to be fair, when you actually read the article, I can see why the rest of you think incidents are merely hyperbole, since this isn't about race so much as it is about disturbing peace, and the woman is only bluffing anyway.