1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Return to Fraggle Rock" screening held in Dallas

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The Jim Henson Company and HIT Entertainment held a very special Fraggle Rock theatrical screening in Dallas for Henson's 50th Anniversary as part of the KidFilm Festival. A sold-out crowd of more than 200 adults and children were in attendance on Sunday January 22. Veteran Muppeteer Dave Goelz (performer of Boober, Gonzo and Bunsen) was the featured guest for this rare theatrical presentation of Fraggle Rock.

Find out all about the event below...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2006/012306.shtml
  2. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Thats pretty neat. I would of loved to have gone there to meet them. Maybe I can try next year. Even those its going to be the longest to go. Maybe there'll be something else down the line of this year.
  3. Phillip

I've asked HIT if there are any other Fraggle screenings planed for the year. We will definitely let you guys know if we hear of any others.
  4. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Wow, what a great article! Thanks for sharing with us Phil! I loved the picture of Karen and Dave holding Red and Boober dolls (especially since that's where my username came from!) I'm excited to see what types of new Fraggle things we'll see this year.
  5. zns

zns Well-Known Member

The biggest things that we have to look forward to is the film and seeing whether or not HIT will release any more DVD season box sets. Great news though. Thanks Phil.:excited: :smirk:
  6. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

That's cool. I wish I could have been there. Does anyone know if he talked at all about the new Fraggle film?
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

So does anyone know if they mentioned the film?

Great to see the ever lovely Karen and the hugely talented Dave both there representing da Fraggles !!!
  8. Phillip

There was no new info on the proposed film unfortunately. If we hear something about it, we'll be sure to let everyone know.
  9. dlphntat

dlphntat New Member

darn, darn darn. I live IN (ok near) Dallas! I should have been there!
  10. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I really liked the quote Dave gave:
    Maybe Karen Prell will start posting here again too! :excited:
  11. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Wow, what an awesome event! It is always great to see Henson events like this one happening, and its always great to see Muppeteers and other Henson folk at them too. It sounds it was a great event. I've always wanted to see the Fraggles on the big screen (and hopefully in 2007 we all will be able to...hint, hint). I guess I'll just do the next best thing: pop in my season 1 DVD set and sit real close to my TV (and just pretend)...I know it's not the same, but it's better than nothing. :excited:
  12. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Uggh. That's cool. I almost wish I hadn't read this though since there was never any way I could've attended. :smirk:

Nicvk
  13. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

* hint hint Columbus, Ohio! * hint hint *:smirk: :excited:

Nick
  14. KitsuneFraggle

KitsuneFraggle New Member

When I found out about that, I was a bit surprised. If I had know I'd have traveled for it. At least it sounds like it was fun. That's what matters.;)
  15. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't know about it until after it had happened. But the folks who attended had fun, and Karen and Dave had fun, too.

What I like to think about is those kids who had never seen Fraggle Rock before, and THEN...:excited:

I remember how thrilling it was for me to discover Fraggle Rock on HBO years ago. I even had a Fraggle Rock t-shirt where the Fraggles were gathered around the HBO logo, and the World's Oldest Fraggle was even on it, peering out the "O". (I still have the shirt tucked away, along with a homemade Boober Fraggle shirt I designed in grade school).

Does Karen Prell still post here? If so, maybe she'll tell us about any upcoming Fragglish events. Hopefully, we can find out where she and Dave are goin' next.

Hooray for Fraggle Rock!!!

Convincing John