"Return to Fraggle Rock" screening held in Dallas

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Jim Henson Company and HIT Entertainment held a very special Fraggle Rock theatrical screening in Dallas for Henson's 50th Anniversary as part of the KidFilm Festival. A sold-out crowd of more than 200 adults and children were in attendance on Sunday January 22. Veteran Muppeteer Dave Goelz (performer of Boober, Gonzo and Bunsen) was the featured guest for this rare theatrical presentation of Fraggle Rock.

Find out all about the event below...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2006/012306.shtml

Erine81981

Reaction score
Thats pretty neat. I would of loved to have gone there to meet them. Maybe I can try next year. Even those its going to be the longest to go. Maybe there'll be something else down the line of this year.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've asked HIT if there are any other Fraggle screenings planed for the year. We will definitely let you guys know if we hear of any others.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, what a great article! Thanks for sharing with us Phil! I loved the picture of Karen and Dave holding Red and Boober dolls (especially since that's where my username came from!) I'm excited to see what types of new Fraggle things we'll see this year.

zns

Reaction score
The biggest things that we have to look forward to is the film and seeing whether or not HIT will release any more DVD season box sets. Great news though. Thanks Phil.:excited: :smirk:

BEAR

Reaction score
That's cool. I wish I could have been there. Does anyone know if he talked at all about the new Fraggle film?

Luke

Reaction score
So does anyone know if they mentioned the film?

Great to see the ever lovely Karen and the hugely talented Dave both there representing da Fraggles !!!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There was no new info on the proposed film unfortunately. If we hear something about it, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

dlphntat

Reaction score
darn, darn darn. I live IN (ok near) Dallas! I should have been there!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I really liked the quote Dave gave:
Dave went on to elaborate on the special relationship he had with Jerry Juhl. "Jerry was a lot like Ernie. He was always grinning.
Maybe Karen Prell will start posting here again too! :excited: