1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Return to Labyrinth Movie News Update?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by JLee, Apr 30, 2010.

1. JLee

JLee New Member

I was just looking in to the return to the Labyrinth movie when I stumbled onto this site. Anyone have any real news about it?
  2. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Many years back there was talk within Henson of possibly doing a Labyrinth sequel. What ended up happening is the company (along with Neil Gaiman) decided to make an all new movie that would be heavily inspired by - and serve as a quasi-modern version of - Labyrinth called MirrorMask (available on dvd and Blue Ray)

"Return to Labyrinth" is a fairly recent project but it's not a film (nor has there been any talk of making it into one) but rather a four-volume mange book series (the first three voumes have already been released) by Tokyopop. The book series focuses on a now teenage Toby who finds himself becoming Jareth's heir. A great, highly-reccomended read for Labyrinth fans. In addition, Archaia Comics (which just debuted a Fraggle Rock comic book this week), will be releasing Dark Crystal and Labyrinth comic books this fall.
  3. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Plug
    Here is my interpretation of a video-game script that is based off the manga, but changing some things to counter the lack of movie characters in the beginning and make it fit a video game better. Toby's "walkthrough" is done and now I'm working on Sarah's.

edit: I'm also such a fan that an entire fic universe is based on it.
  4. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

I remember reading an interview where Jennifer Connelly (who plays Sarah) said that it would be interesting to see a Labyrinth sequel where Sarah was an old woman or something of that nature - and while its a good idea, nothing ever came of it...
  5. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Burtons Alice in Wonderland did very well. So I really hope there will be another LABYRINTH.