Return to Labyrinth Movie News Update?

JLee

Reaction score
I was just looking in to the return to the Labyrinth movie when I stumbled onto this site. Anyone have any real news about it?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Many years back there was talk within Henson of possibly doing a Labyrinth sequel. What ended up happening is the company (along with Neil Gaiman) decided to make an all new movie that would be heavily inspired by - and serve as a quasi-modern version of - Labyrinth called MirrorMask (available on dvd and Blue Ray)

"Return to Labyrinth" is a fairly recent project but it's not a film (nor has there been any talk of making it into one) but rather a four-volume mange book series (the first three voumes have already been released) by Tokyopop. The book series focuses on a now teenage Toby who finds himself becoming Jareth's heir. A great, highly-reccomended read for Labyrinth fans. In addition, Archaia Comics (which just debuted a Fraggle Rock comic book this week), will be releasing Dark Crystal and Labyrinth comic books this fall.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Plug
Here is my interpretation of a video-game script that is based off the manga, but changing some things to counter the lack of movie characters in the beginning and make it fit a video game better. Toby's "walkthrough" is done and now I'm working on Sarah's.

edit: I'm also such a fan that an entire fic universe is based on it.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I remember reading an interview where Jennifer Connelly (who plays Sarah) said that it would be interesting to see a Labyrinth sequel where Sarah was an old woman or something of that nature - and while its a good idea, nothing ever came of it...

Laszlo

Reaction score
Burtons Alice in Wonderland did very well. So I really hope there will be another LABYRINTH.