1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Return to Labyrinth: Volume 2

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by GelflingWaldo, Sep 2, 2007.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

2. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

The crap continues... :smirk:
  3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Hey, that would be a good title for a follow-up to any kind of manga (or anime cartoon, or reality show). I can see t now: Return to Labyrinth 2: The Crap Continues.
  4. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

LOL! :)
  5. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

Hehe! Toby has a haircut like Jareth now! Other than the hair, the cover is gorgeous. Why couldn't those in charge have hired a better writer and artist? Many of us on this board could have written a story that was more true to the Labyrinth world and illustrated as well.
  6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I don't mind the story. The story is good. I'm not a big anime fan, so I can do without the art.

I'm looking forward to my book, but most definitely looking forward to the Dark Crystal book.
  7. Infinity Sirius

The style really isn't all the anime-ish. The cover is, but the comic itself is more independent American comic.
  8. DTWolf

DTWolf Member

Please, please, gentle readers, do not look at the poor drawings in the Return to Labyrinth book and think anime and manga look like that. That's the reaction I fear most from RtL. You're entitled to like or dislike anime and manga as you wish, but please don't believe that the stuff drawn for RtL vol. 1 is any kind of example of them.
  9. Fozzie Bear

I've seen different forms of Anime and Manga, and I'm just not really a big fan of it either way. I've been editing a comic book for 12 years that is loosely based on that art style, but Americanized--and it's some of the most beautiful work ever.

The one thing I have to give credit for, though, is the amount of detailed work and the smooth clear lines in Anime and Manga! The line work is beautiful!
  10. Chocobear

Chocobear New Member

Huh?

Okay. So ... how did Toby get back into the labyrinth? And why on earth did Jareth give up his throne? Seems to me he LIKED being in charge. And let's face it! He makes a much cooler king. :cool:

What's Toby going to do on the throne? Scream his head off? :p
  11. Chocobear

Chocobear New Member

My sister and I happen to love Japanese manga. Depending on the type, of course. There's nothing wrong with releasing a "Labyrinth" manga, so long as the art and the story are up to par.
  12. Fozzie Bear

The story is good, I'm not keen on the art, but I'm buying the books to support the license and the title. I've never been much for manga/anime but it's always been my own personal take on it. All my friends love it, though.

I am eagerly awaiting the Dark Crystal books, too! The art, that I've seen, is awesome there--looks like the characters from the movie for sure. I hope the story will be as good.
  13. Infinity Sirius

Has anyone read Vol 2 yet? How does it measure up and a more detailed plot synopsis would be great!
  14. Fozzie Bear

I'm waiting on Amazon to send mine when it's available. Yippee! Heh--seriously am anxiously awaiting the book.
  15. tanuki

tanuki New Member

16. Fozzie Bear

Oh, it's so tempting, but I want to wait on my book.
  17. tanuki

tanuki New Member

I've already got mine -- found a copy at a local store. I enjoyed it. A lot happens in this one, with some secondary characters coming to the fore. I won't spoil the ending, but it's a double cliffhanger: two unexpected developments, happening in rapid succession. I have no idea where they're going with either one.

And now I have to wait for Volume #3 to come out... sigh!
  18. alorindanya

alorindanya Member

I know! First Moppet, then Sarah...but the fact is WHEN did the Sarah portion happen in relation to everything. That is the question that might answer the former.
  19. Timhodge

Timhodge New Member

It's been a long wait between volumes, but I think it's paid off because the art has significantly improved.

It's also nice to know that they've taken fan feedback onboard and consequently expanded the series to four volumes to fit in more of the stuff that people hoped to see in the sequel.
  20. Fozzie Bear

WOOT! I'm too excited about it. I hope when I make my Post Office Box run on Wednesday it's there!