1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Return to Oz

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Imawitchusay, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Imawitchusay

Imawitchusay New Member

I find it hard to beleive that alot of people have not seen Return to Oz, it was a beautiful movie done by none other than the henson company. If anyone has not seen it I urge you to see the film. It is filled with Mombi who takes off her head and switches it with others, wheelers, and alot of puppets! Now that being said, I was wondering if anyone had any Return to oz memorabillia for trade or sale? I am willing to trade my rare Labyrinth and DC items for them. Or does anyone knowe where I can get any? Or where I can find some one of a kind items? Pelase e-mail me if you want at Iowawitch@hotmail.com
  2. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

I agree RTO is an excellent movie!
    Well it is a Disney Production, not Henson. But Lyle Conway did the animatronics for it (he was par of the Henson Creature shop).

While the movie is great and deffinitely in tone with LABYRINTH, the creature-design isn't as original IMO.

Sorry, but I think there was never much memorabilia of it. You can find the usual stuff on Ebay (posters, photos, presskits).
  3. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Brian Henson co-stared (puppeteer & voice artist) as "Jack Pumpkinhead" in the film ;)
  4. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Ebay is good place to find "RTO" memorabillia - see for yourself CLICK TO VIEW :)

Hope it helps
  5. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

That movie used to creep me out a little. Remember the heads!?
  6. Imawitchusay

Imawitchusay New Member

Princess Mombi was very cool, she could switch her heads as we switch our moods!
  7. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Great Movie FLOP AT THE BOXOFFICE THOUGH
  8. edible eye

edible eye New Member

I have the scarecrow and tic tok puppets, a puzzle and two books. I'm keeping them, though. :)
  9. Imawitchusay

Imawitchusay New Member

I am working on a jack pumpkinhead doll, I will pst pic when done,
  10. Imawitchusay

Imawitchusay New Member

I have a hardcover Goblins of the Labyrinth book for trade with return to oz items.
  11. alorindanya

alorindanya Member

I so wish I had something to trade with you right now. I've been looking for that book for ages.
  12. Imawitchusay

Imawitchusay New Member

I have just placed it on ebay if you are interested,
  13. Chris Von Count

Chris Von Count New Member

I remember RTO a little bit, it has been ages since I saw it. BTW wasn't it a young Fairuza Balk who played Dorthy in the movie if my memory serves me correct?
  14. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

that would be correct!
  15. Imawitchusay

Imawitchusay New Member

Anyone Else Remember My Favorite Movie??
  16. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

it's something I'm actully quite glad is on dvd and I'm glad I got the old box before disney made that new crapy box art :grouchy: it's an amazing movie way true to the box's I wish it would become more than just this though...I've always wanted more...there are so many characters at the end of the movie like my favorite the patchwork girl and the crocked man!
    you've gotta really be watching for them I'm such a big mush I almost cried when I saw patchwork haha seriously this movie makes me loath the old oz movie.:mad:
  17. Imawitchusay

Imawitchusay New Member

I agree about the new cover art it is totally bad. I was wondering who do we write to to get a specail addition? I would like to see the movie with commentary or deleted scenes, Like the labyrinth box set or the Legend box set. Why has this one only got the movie and one extra? Let me know if anyone else is interested in protesting.
  18. Imawitchusay

Imawitchusay New Member

I have started a online petition, please I beg you to sign, to bring this out on special edition DVD. I am working out to fing out who to send it to, if anyone has any info, please e-mail me. Here is the petiton site, please sign!!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/ReturnToOzDVD
  19. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Wow I can't believe I didn't look at all the topics before I posted in the one at the bottom about this. *feels stupid*
    Anyway.
    I love that movie so much. It's a wonderful movie. ^_^ Sadly I do not own any Return to Oz merchandise,but I do hope to atleast obtain a few. You could try Ebay if you're still searching for some merchandise. It's a great way to obtain merchandise,even rare items!

Now reading all the posts about it,it makes me want to watch it. Sadly I only have it on a video tape that was recorded,so I'll have to dig it out. That's the same way my Labyrinth is,but I now own Labyrinth on DVD so that's a little better. ^^; I want to get the original VHS of both of the movies though. They are wonderful wonderful movies. ;d
  20. Lazarus

Lazarus New Member

I saw that film ages ago, but I didn't know that the Jim Henson company did the puppets! I'll have to see it again!