Return to the Labyrinth (Sequel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gremlin

Reaction score
this seems to be the most overdone hoax since bigfoot.:mad: im pretty %@#* depressed now, my hopes were up but not any more:frown: I was fooled, :cry: I realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly wanted this movie to be real, I need a hug........................

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I dunno about you guys, But i always thought that Annie Lennox (Eurythmics) could have played a fantastic Goblin Queen, If David Bowie wouldnt have been the Goblin King.

see ya

Gremlin

Reaction score
thank you fozzie, I needed that :smile: your a good bear. now we must focus on the future of The Henson Company instead of dwelling on this labyrinth 2 hoax. but I got to admit the storyline of this wishful idea is pretty interesting.....

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The lady I work with has no love of Muppets or anything else JHC, but really digs Labyrinth. She's read practically all the fan-fiction online about it. I told her to do her own story, but she won't do it.

Has anybody got any fan fiction to post at MC?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
How did I not see this thread before?

Anyway, MuppetDK hit it right on the head. The site hasn't been updated since November of last year, and it says the movie will be available for preview audiences on THURSDAY, June 27. The 27th was a Friday this year, so this must mean June 2002, which is long gone. It also says it's available on home video. If a sequel was about to be released on home video, believe me, all of us would have heard it and discussed it to death LONG before this! :smirk: And having won an Oscar, Jennifer Connelly is now too big a name to appear in a direct-to-video film. The admittedly cool-looking posters are assembled from various images I've seen elsewhere; this could easily be done in PhotoShop or somewhere else. The key tipoff is in the Cast section; having seen the original film hundreds of times, I can confidently tell you that all of those images are from the first film, not a "second."

The only Labyrinth-related happening was when the Henson execs recently discussed making a sequel to "Labyrinth" and decided on making "Mirror Mask" instead. This we all know about from the press release.

So what this amounts to is a very cleverly constructed piece of fan fiction, though I strongly protest the webmasters' not making that clear anywhere on the site, instead pretending to be a "production company."

All the same, thanks for being ever vigilant in finding this stuff, Foz...just in case. :smile:

MistyMills

Reaction score
I know, this thread is a little bit old, but I was just pointed toward it today so please forgive the late response! :smile:

Yes, Return to the Labyrinth is NOT a real movie.

So what IS it then?

As it says on the site, it's a Producer's Chair film. The link to Producer's Chair doesn't work anymore as the site now has a new URL (and new name and new owner - www.filmtycoon.com), so let me explain about Producer's Chair.

PC is a moviemaking game. You log in, start a production company (and possibly a creative company that makes websites and posters), make a movie and release it into PC theaters. The players vote daily and the person who makes the most money in a set amount of time wins.

Return to the Labyrinth was done specifically for this game. It's not a real movie. It's never been a real movie. Sorry for the misunderstanding that it seems to have created!

Now, to those who read it, thank you for taking the time to read it over. It was my second script that I ever wrote and it was pretty popular on the game and made a whooooole lotta PC money for my company. I had fun writing it and I had fun making the website and stuff for it, too.

So there's the full answer on what's going on with that RttL 'movie'. :smile:

Again, sorry for bringing back up an old thread, but wanted to clear this up!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Hi, Misty!

Thanks for clarifying. I have no problem with fan-produced sequels, and this one does seem like a lot of fun. I just wish the game makers had been a little clearer somewhere on the site so people hadn't been misled. The new site definitely looks more like a game (in a classy way, though).

And I'm glad this movie made a lot of game money for you. Hey, I'd have gone to see it! :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, cool info.

You're famous and own a PC movie company, huh?

Okay, I have this movie, see, and it goes like this.

"Exterior-Swamp-Day; Kermit the Frog sits on a log strumming his banjo when this Hollywood Executive rows up in a boat, lost..."

Status
Not open for further replies.