Return to the Magic: The Awakenings

christyb

Reaction score
This is the first part in the fraggle trilogy. It'll take me time to finish this because it's three stories that came out of one simple rewrite. Anyways, I hope you all like it. That and make sure to have your teddies and kleenex boxes handy. The ending is a heart clincher.It's a work in progress big time. Here's the first part in the trilogy....

Return to the Magic: The Awakenings

Prologue

Your typical four door family car zoomed along the highway on a rainy night. Inside, a young couple was heading south with their young daughter to see their uncle. The little girl of age 6 laughed and giggled as her Mom reached behind to the back seat wiped the ice cream off her chin.

In the driver’s seat the father and husband of the little trio smiled thin
king of how blessed he was. Especially with the news his wife shared with him this morning. He couldn’t wait to get down to tell his uncle. He had always been close to his Uncle Doc or Doc as he was commonly called. His little girl loved visiting his Arizona home and playing with Sprocket his Uncle’s seemingly ageless dog.

“Dave, how much longer? We should be getting close. All this weather is making me nervous,” the lady in the passenger seat turned back around asking her husband.

“We’re getting close. About another hour or so. It’s a long drive down here from Toronto,” Dave replied keeping a close eye on the road.

“For the life of me, I’ll never understand why Doc moved all the way down here when his family is up north,” she replied throwing the napkin in the trash sack.

“To be with his best friend. You know if your family had moved to New York like they were talking about I would have chased you down,” Dave chuckled.

“That’s not the same. Ned and Doc are friends not a couple.”

Dave took his eyes off the road for a moment glancing over at his wife, “I love you, Karen. You know that?”

“I love you too silly.” Karen replied.

“ I love you too, Daddy!” the little girl squealed from the backseat not to be outdone.

Dave chuckled and replied to his little girl. As he turned two swerving headlights were headed straight for his car. Dave hit the horn hard and swerved on the slippery wet road to try and miss the on coming car only to be hit. His car swerved into the embankment flipping over on it’s topside. The little girl cried and screamed crying for her parents but all was quiet. Soon red and blue lights flashed and all went dark.

christyb

Reaction score
Sheesh, was it that bad? Ryan, wake up, speak to me! *throws a bucket of water on Prawnie*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

You get back here and post more younger half/sister of mine! That was...

Oh boy, as Dr. Beckett would say.
*Yes, I'm "borrowing" that from Sarah Y.

Now you decide to start this trilogy of yours? And how dare you end it on a cliffhanger like that, putting two of the Muppeteer clan in mortal peril...
Hope you know what you're getting yourself into... More please! Soonerishkibbible!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ohhhhhh.......I'm excited for this! I mean, the opening scene is kind of horrific, but it's good storytelling and I'm anxious to read more. So, to echo my good friend Ed, more please! (I won't use your word Ed, I know that's your word)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
My word? Says me. No, seriously...
Feel free to bandy it about Beth, hee, I kind of "borrow" Lisa's and Ryan's from time to time.

Hear that Sis? The huddled masses yearn for more story!
Especially since it's Prawny's and Beth's Muppeteers that are in this automobilistic accident.
We need to know what happens next!

christyb

Reaction score
The mass have to wait until my fingers finish typing..which I'm doing as we speak. First off to make something clearer...Dave and Karen are not the muppeteers. Just named for them. That I gotta question...everyone does know who the little girl is right?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*is wet* No, I don't know who the little girl is. And I'm afraid to find out. *falls back over*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... The little girl's Amy, as I take it this is a rewrite to your fabulous fanfic fright?

christyb

Reaction score
That's her. I just wanted to be sure everyone knew it was her. That and not many remember that fanfic (good because I'm making it better). Basically the story will fall into three parts....

The Awakenings
Part Two yet to be titled
Return to the Magic

The story just go too big when I started sketching it back out. So I divided up into three parts.