Richard Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogster

Reaction score
I was just wondering, how did Richard die? Did he catch a serious illness the way Jim did? I love Richard and his characters to death, but I never did know... I did hear at one point that he had AIDS. I hope I'm not bringing up a sore subject. Can someone help me out? :wink: :flirt: :boo:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Yes, he did die of AIDS, Mr. Chapman ran a great thread remembering him and you can read about it here. It also has some nice links in there.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I'm hoping this thread doesn't turn into another bashing against Richard.This happend a few weeks ago when Bobhopesite brought up Richard's death anniversary.Please keep this thread on the up & up,pretty please.:wink:

Frogster

Reaction score
You know, that's the reason I wrote this post... I knew he died of AIDS, and I'm sorry for lying. I just never knew exactly how. I've always wondered if he was. Even if he was gay, however, that wouldn't change my opinion one bit. That doesn't take away the fact that he was an excellent performer. He was brilliant, and there was not one character of his that I didn't like. He's inspired me just as much as Jim, Jerry, Frank, Dave, Steve, and the others.

You know what's really bad about being a college guy who's also a big fan of the Muppets? It's that whenever I'm watching anything Muppet-like, my roomate, along with the other people he hangs out with, are very questionable about some of the performer's behaviors. My roomate actually asked me about Steve Whitmire after he watched A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie. I agree that Steve's Kermit isn't like Jim's, but that's still no reason to jump to conclusions. He's a great performer, too, and he's given the "new" Kermit all he's got.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I've also been wondering how he contracted AIDS, but like Frogster wrote that wouldn't change my opinion about him

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Frogster said:
You know, that's the reason I wrote this post... I knew he died of AIDS, and I'm sorry for lying. I just never knew exactly how. I've always wondered if he was. Even if he was gay, however, that wouldn't change my opinion one bit. That doesn't take away the fact that he was an excellent performer. He was brilliant, and there was not one character of his that I didn't like. He's inspired me just as much as Jim, Jerry, Frank, Dave, Steve, and the others.
I guess it's a possibility. I know about quite a few actors that are gay, but still they're very talented. I never heard anything about Richard ever being married, so I don't know. I guess only Henson associates would know for sure.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Due to the potential direction this thread can take, we are closing it before things get out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.