Richard Hunt's Lowercase n?

Convincing John

Reaction score
I have recently listened to the SS clip "Lowercase n", (one of my favorite clips) and it sounds like Richard Hunt is singing it...well, to me, anyway. Is it Richard? I wondered if anyone knew...

Also something else I noticed, in the older versions of SS during the closing credits (where Barkley is playing with the kids) someone is whistling along with the music during the "it's a magic carpet ride, every door will open wide, for happy people like you" part. I always wondered if that could be Joe Raposo. Could be Jim. Who knows? But check that out...who's whistling? It was filmed before the Fraggles explored the Hole to Who Knows Where, so we know that:smirk:wasn't whistling it!

Convincing John

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since Joe Raposo left Sesame Street in 1974 and didn't return until the early eighties, I doubt that it was him. Didn't Barkley first appear in 1978? So my guess would be that the closing with him in it was taped around 1979-1980.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Since Joe Raposo left Sesame Street in 1974 and didn't return until the early eighties, I doubt that it was him. Didn't Barkley first appear in 1978? So my guess would be that the closing with him in it was taped around 1979-1980.
Well, I'm not sure when Barkley appeared, but that sounds right. I just heard the whistle, and wondered who it was. Well, let's see, we've ruled out Joe Raposo and Gobo so far...at least the list is narrowed down a little :smile: Who is that mystery whistler? Perhaps Sherlock Hemlock will have to investigate this one...

I still wonder about the "Lowercase n" song, though, and if Richard Hunt sang it. It has...something about it that reminds me of him. I can't quite put my finger on it.

But whoever did sing it, it's still one of my all-time favorite clips!

Convincing John