Richard Steven Horvitz could be the new Gobo! (Speculation)

MattFraggle

Reaction score
If Jerry Nelson is unable to perform Gobo, Henson should consider Richard Steven Horvitz, the voice of the outstanding Nickelodeon cartoon, Invader Zim. He has that natural, high, lightly gruff voice that matches Jerry's delivery. If you've seen the show, you'll know who I'm talking about. I doubt he has puppeteering experience, but he's a talented voiceover actor who could, I'm sure, imitate Gobo's voice almost to perfection

Here's some of Richard's work.

http://www.siberkat.com/zimarch.html

All that said, i still hope Jerry Nelson is able to perform Gobo. :}

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Um... nice! But if you want my HONEST opinion and I know some of you probably don't/ lol j/k This NEW Gobo um... Richard dose have a Gobo type voice for maybe prehaps a younger Gobo, but not Gobo as a teen. Unless JHP is planning on downgradeing the program to some strirotype pre K program. If that's the case excuse me while I thorw up. lol

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Um ok bu tthey need to find a more mature Gobo than. HAHHA

Beauregard

Reaction score
Guys, can you please put a "Rumour" or "Speculation" on these threads? As I keep finding stuff, running to it thinking it's juicey news and finding things like this. Thanks!

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Well since Jerry is still alive I would like to see him as Gobo in the New Fraggle Movie. But that isn't to say this Richard guy wouldn't be a bad choice to take over some of Jerry's other charachters. Like those on Sesame Street.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
I agree with Fozzie........ain't nuttin' like the Real Thing baby!!!

Foodie

Reaction score
Let me do it! I'll scream myself hoarse if I have to. I wanna be Gobo! :smirk: :smirk: :smirk:
Nick

BEAR

Reaction score
As long as Jerry Nelson is still alive and capable, I am sure he will be doing it. He could atleast just dub the voice and someone else could do the puppetry if needed. That was done a lot with his Muppet Show characters before he finally retired from them.

MWoO

Reaction score
Jerry is doing Gobo as long as he can still speak. I am sure there is no doubt about this. Richard Steven Horvitz is a cartoon voice over guy who has nothing to do with any of the muppets. To even suggest anyone but Jerry do Gobo is just wrong.