Riddle me this... Underage drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEAR

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
I just see NO point to drink if you're too young. There's NO reason. That's my firm belief, and I stand by it.

Good for you!:smile: I won't disagree with you. I have experienced similar moments when I was in high school and found out that some of my closest friends drank or smoked pot and stuff behind my back. I was thrown off guard a bit. I mean, how could I not have known that whole time. I was disappointed that they would need to do that. They remained my friends but I was mainly mad because they kept in from me for so long. Maybe it was better that I didn't know. I'm not sure. The guy, who I considered my best friend of the group, came clean and actually talked to me about it and I appreciated that. As I got older and into college, I wasn't so much bothered by people drinking (college students) as long as they were smart about it. I mean, I drank, but I knew how to control it and took responsibility. Some people I've known have gotten themselves into trouble and done some foolish things. It's sad to see, especially when you care about them so much. I've always made sure I surrounded myself with good, trustworthy people. Even today, I don't feel the need to drink at all. It's not needed. Once in a while, I love a glass or two of wine when celebrating or getting together with friends, but not simply for the purpose to get trashed. People can be so foolish when they're drunk. Alcoholism is a big deal to me also because it has been in my family. I have a relative that used to have a drinking problem (sometimes it's still questionable today). So I have high respect for those who decide they don't need drinking to have fun or live a good life.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Smart words, Prawnie and Bear.

I don't drink. It's horrible. The taste of it is just awful. Someone gave me a sip of their martini once and I swear it tasted identical to benadril, I almost gagged. Some people like it but I sure don't! Plus I disagree with the whole drinking-to-get-drunk thing, its so pointless. If you're gonna do it, be smart about it. It's sad but people get addicted too easily.

messyplace

Reaction score
Quite alot of people drink to gain confidence aswell....just the way it is. They shouldn't be judged for doing so. Some people just do it for enjoyment. As long as they dont harm themselves or anyone else it shouldnt be a big deal to be honest.

BEAR

Reaction score
Messyplace, you're right. It is fine as long as you aren't hurting yourself or others. Unfortunately, there are cases when people do get hurt and they need to take responsibility for it.

BEAR

Reaction score
messyplace said:
Quite alot of people drink to gain confidence aswell

Like drink to feel better about themselves?

messyplace

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Like drink to feel better about themselves?
possibly...but that wasnt what I meant really.

More in a sense of maybe being a nightclub and seeing someone they like or whatever...asking them out if you lack in confidence would be tough, so some people have a couple of drinks and it gives them a bit more confidence to go and talk to whoever it is.

BEAR

Reaction score
messyplace said:
possibly...but that wasnt what I meant really.

More in a sense of maybe being a nightclub and seeing someone they like or whatever...asking them out if you lack in confidence would be tough, so some people have a couple of drinks and it gives them a bit more confidence to go and talk to whoever it is.

Relax the nerves. Is that what you mean?

messyplace

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Relax the nerves. Is that what you mean?
Yeah it would relax the nerves a bit, it does have a tendency to make you think more of yourself aswell though so confidence comes aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.