Right Now Kapow - by WB Animation for Disney XD

C to the J

Reaction score
If you want a sketch comedy show void of violence, sexual situations, and language (I'm talking to you, Seth Green), look no further than Right Now Kapow, created by Justin Becker and Marly Halpern-Graser. One might say it's the spiritual successor to CN's Mad, but with less emphasis on pop culture.

When you first think about it, the title has nothing to do with the premise. It features a cast of six performing specified characters (having distinguishable heads) who come with multiple roles, names, ages, and personalities depending on the sketches.

Dog - MICHAEL BLAIKLOCK
Candy - ALANA JOHNSTON
Ice Cream - KYLE KINANE
Diamond - EMILY MAYA MILLS
Plant - BETSY SODARO (you may recognize her as Xixi from All Hail King Julien)
Moon - BARON VAUGHN

As you can tell from the thread title, this particular collaboration is something new.

Call me crazy, but I'm positive this is what replaced Wander Over Yonder in its time slot.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I've never seen this yet, but it's interesting to see Warner Bros. produce a cartoon for a rival network. And I like how it seems to be going in a different direction compared to other sketch comedies, having a small cast of characters play multiple roles, much like a theater production.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've seen clips on youtube, and the best I can say is it's okay. Certainly a lot more entertaining than Pickle and Peanut, but not something I'd jump at the opportunity to watch. I can't really compare it to anything. Maybe Mad, but I feel it's more like a kid friendly version of something that would have been on Animation Domination HD. Or something like that Brad Neeley series, only the jokes aren't obnoxiously inside and self referential. I don't know if I like the color scheme. It's dangerously close to Problem Solverz levels of eye bleedy. Overall, it's something I'll give a chance and some of the skits actually were kinda funny.

I've never seen this yet, but it's interesting to see Warner Bros. produce a cartoon for a rival network.
It's funny how that works out. Networks do have a history of running shows by rival cartoon producing companies, but usually reruns. Before Toon Disney became XD, it did run Warner Bros produced cartoons. Recently, when it was the Hub, the network ran DC comics shows when the toy license was Hasbro's rival Mattel. And networks running live action TV shows like sitcoms by rival companies has always been a thing. Disney owned ABC running Fox produced Modern Family for one. But I have never seen rival cartoons from rival networks being produced to run on said networks. Maybe WB couldn't get Right Now Kapow on CN and felt that Disney would like to run it.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I love MAD and Robot Chicken. I just find that Family Guy-style of quirkiness and random humor to be VERY hilarious, (whether it's for kids or adults, it doesn't matter). I also love sketch comedy because I have ADHD and like things that go fast, so I'm going to have to watch this soon, :big_grin:.

Xerus

Reaction score
Those six heads on that show remind me a lot of the Sesame Street Anything Muppets who can be any kind of different character.