RIP Andy Griffith

Hubert

Reaction score
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Andy will be truly missed. I am a huge fan of The Andy Griffith Show, and he really made a difference in television history. Rest in peace, Andy. :cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
OMG... OMG... no, please no...

I'm actually tearing up as I write this: yes, Andy Griffith was a legend, but down here in the south, he was much more than that, he was an icon, his show is almost always on TV, whether it's local channels playing reruns, or the cable networks like TV Land (remember back in the 90s when TBS played it?)... Andy was always a part of my life, even from when I was a little kid growing up, and now that he's gone, I'm really, really saddened by this, because I feel like I just lost someone near and dear to me, even though I never knew him personally, he was still always there. I hope his legacy will continue to live on, the world needs more Andy Griffiths. :cry:

Hubert

Reaction score
Very fitting that The Andy Griffith Show is on right now...I wonder if there's any chance that they'll put on a marathon of the show sometime soon...

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Aww That's Sad!! :cry:, Of All The Actors That Could Go To The Grave, Why Him?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
One of the last wholesome actors. He will truly be missed!

RIP Sheriff Taylor

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
My first reaction was, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" *Sigh* I'm devastated. The Andy Griffith Show has always been a classic in my family; my parents made sure of that.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Well, with Andy Griffith dead, you know what that means don't you?
TELEVISION IS DEAD!

Teheheman

Reaction score
The only good thing to come from this is to know that he's not really dead. He'll still live on in the show, which will be on TV for at least the next 50 years, and in our hearts. Even if it won't be on TV, it'll be on DVD, YouTube, etc. Andy may have been the main character, but he was actually one of the most generous people out there because there were rarely any 'Andy episodes' ones that generally focused on HIM as a main plot point. There were SOME, but most were about either Barney, Gomer, or other characters and how Andy interacted with them and solved the problem they were having. The man maybe gone but the character, the spirit, and the humor of the man will live on for generations to come. As long as there is an adult willing to sit with their kid and watch the Andy Griffith Show, or play them one of his comedy routines from the old days, Andy will live on. Thank you Andy Taylor for all the memories.

Daniel