RIP B.B. King

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We've lost the King of Rock and Roll, we've lost the King of Pop, and now we've lost the King of the Blues. Man. . . .

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just walked past the B.B. King Blues Club & Grill. They have "Rest in Peace" on the marquee and people were stopping to take pictures.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
What a legend. He worked with so many great musicians from Carole King to Joe Walsh to Stevie Wonder to Dr. John to Eric Clapton, and everyone had a good word to say about him. He was able to maintain his popularity over the years and still stay fresh. Here's one of my favorites of his (written by Stevie, BTW).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Does anyone know what, exactly, he died from? I was aware he was hospitalized recently, his daughter has been claiming that his manager was abusing him, and while the article does reference that, it doesn't necessarily say what the cause of death was.

I know he struggled with diabetes, though. Remember all those commercials he used to do? He was like Wilford Brimley before Brimley became the voice of diabeetus.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Does anyone know what, exactly, he died from? I was aware he was hospitalized recently, his daughter has been claiming that his manager was abusing him, and while the article does reference that, it doesn't necessarily say what the cause of death was.

I know he struggled with diabetes, though. Remember all those commercials he used to do? He was like Wilford Brimley before Brimley became the voice of diabeetus.
He died from diabetes.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I loved his tone so much, when I was 16 I got a Gibson ES-335 just to sound like him. "The Thrill Is Gone" always sent chills down my spine.
Now he and Stevie Ray Vaughn can have duets in Heaven. Dear sweet man.