RIP Bob Denver

Ziffel

Reaction score
Just heard on the radio that Gilligan (Bob Denver) has died. He was 70. The Skipper (Alan Hale) died about 15 years ago at 71. As he would say to Gilligan, "Rest in peace, little buddy."

KCJ506

Reaction score
I was just about to post this, but you beat me to it. RIP Bob.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Gilligan died? Oh boy, this isn't gonna sound good for my mom, who used to be a huge Gilligan fan.

G-MAN

Reaction score
Oh man, that's a bummer. R.I.P. Bob "Little Buddy" Denver

BEAR

Reaction score
Aww how sad. I hope Mr. Denver is at peace in the heavens.

Incidentally, I don't care what any of the other castaways say, if it weren't for Gilligan work would never get done!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Just heard about that. That's a shame. I had a professor who said he lost brain cells watching that show, but I don't care if it's silly. I think it's very fun, and it's got about the catchiest TV theme song ever. RIP, Bob.
Erin

Ziffel

Reaction score
I loved the theme song too. Definitely ranks as one of the best. The show itself, yes it's silly. And I can see why the critics considered it inane. But while never one of my top favorites, if I came across it on tv it was hard to change the channel. It was good, pleasant escapism. The characters were appealing too. Bob Denver was likable and funny as Gilligan. Alan Hale made a good Skipper and was funny with his frustrations (He and Gilligan were like Ernie and Bert in a way. :smile: ). And my favorite was Mr. Howell. Jim Backus is a great actor and a pleasure just to hear that unique and funny voice. And I always had a crush on Ginger (Tina Louise). I didn't quite like the show enough to be willing to buy the dvds, but if I ever receive one as a gift I would certainly enjoy watching it.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
I loved the theme song too. Definitely ranks as one of the best. The show itself, yes it's silly. And I can see why the critics considered it inane. But while never one of my top favorites, if I came across it on tv it was hard to change the channel. It was good, pleasant escapism. The characters were appealing too. Bob Denver was likable and funny as Gilligan. Alan Hale made a good Skipper and was funny with his frustrations (He and Gilligan were like Ernie and Bert in a way. :smile: ). And my favorite was Mr. Howell. Jim Backus is a great actor and a pleasure just to hear that unique and funny voice. And I always had a crush on Ginger (Tina Louise). I didn't quite like the show enough to be willing to buy the dvds, but if I ever receive one as a gift I would certainly enjoy watching it.

Yes...that infamous question: Ginger or Mary Ann. Of course I would go with Mary Ann no doubt.