RIP Christina Grimmie

charlietheowl

Reaction score
This is never going to end. If meaningful gun control couldn't get passed after Sandy Hook, then what are the chances it will now? 50 people lost their lives today for no reason and all their friends and family are going to get are "thoughts and prayers". People shouldn't be able to have access to these weapons. It's just not necessary.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This is never going to end. If meaningful gun control couldn't get passed after Sandy Hook, then what are the chances it will now? 50 people lost their lives today for no reason and all their friends and family are going to get are "thoughts and prayers". People shouldn't be able to have access to these weapons. It's just not necessary.
I don't personally think they're necessary, but a lot of gun owners would have a fit if the government completely took their guns away, so I think for now, gun laws need to be much stricter and maybe we can gradually phase them out.

But yes, I agree we don't need them. If you look at other very productive countries such as England, Germany, Sweden and Japan, they're not having these mass shootings. Clearly we'll do just fine without guns.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And of course, someone on the right is going to use the incident as an opportunity to continue to spread hate propaganda against the gay community by quoting Scripture.

And again, they wonder why more and more people are turning away from God: it's hate-mongering bigots like them who basically summarize Christianity as a religion built on hate of certain groups of people (in this case, the LGBT community), when that is not even a Christ-like principal at all.

EDIT: Oh, even better: that disgusting Westboro Baptist Church is now outright calling the shooting an act of God. Yeah, you know what else was supposedly an act of God? Us going to war with the middle east; Sarah Palin said so.

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i think that it goes beyond gun control, and has to deal with a bigger more serious issue mental health. Im not saying we do not need gun control, but what I'm saying is the mindset that's it's ok to take others lives from them it's just to common. I personaly believe it's an issue with the mind. We have such a twisted thinking on what love and hatred are that people are dieing for no reason. It's like our moral compass has been shattered, and what use to be right is wrong and what was once wrong is now right. Where is the love? Where is the love for the family? Where is the love for your neighbor? Where is the love for yourself? Where is the love for your country? We need more love!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I don't personally think they're necessary, but a lot of gun owners would have a fit if the government completely took their guns away, so I think for now, gun laws need to be much stricter and maybe we can gradually phase them out.

But yes, I agree we don't need them. If you look at other very productive countries such as England, Germany, Sweden and Japan, they're not having these mass shootings. Clearly we'll do just fine without guns.
I should have worded my post better; I was trying to voice my issue with access to assault rifles like the AR-15 used in the shooting rather than all guns. There's no reason for anyone to have an assault rifle with the capabilities of that gun.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's like our moral compass has been shattered, and what use to be right is wrong and what was once wrong is now right.
That's what I've been saying for a number of years now, but the problem is the mindset among today's modern society is that morality is "outdated." Apparently, somehow, once we hit the twenty-first century, morals, values, and decency went out like fads of decades past, and suddenly everything that was once reprehensible is now considered okay, and decency is now considered outdated and backward-thinking, "because this is the twenty-first century."

That's one of the reasons we have so many problems in the world today.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That's what I've been saying for a number of years now, but the problem is the mindset among today's modern society is that morality is "outdated." Apparently, somehow, once we hit the twenty-first century, morals, values, and decency went out like fads of decades past, and suddenly everything that was once reprehensible is now considered okay, and decency is now considered outdated and backward-thinking, "because this is the twenty-first century."

True, but if you start preaching, or talking about the right and the wrong there are so many groups out there now that the message will get shot down.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well i think that it goes beyond gun control, and has to deal with a bigger more serious issue mental health.
I'll point this out yet again. The very same politicians that always say that this is a mental health issue to route everyone away from gun control are the very same politicians that cut funding for mental health services at every opportunity. Because the mental health industry doesn't have a crapload of bottom feeding lobbyists. And I agree. We have to do something about both because in the case of this "terrorist" attack and the one in Boston years ago, this was a case of pathetic losers with anger issues who turned to radicalization to take out that anger on innocent people. Any other case, the Boston jerk would have just shot the boxing commissioner and in this case, his ex-parents in law. Angry people do stupid angry things. Anger management would have done these guys a lot of good. That said, while I'm certainly no advocate for suicide, if these guys were so bleeding unhappy and that everything put them in that much despair, they could have very well just taken their own lives and not drug innocent people down with them.

So basically, their allegiance to terrorism was all about mental illness and anger issues being dealt with like the spoiled man-children they were. And frankly, that's what terrorist organizations like. Pathetic losers dying for their cause while they don't have to get their hands dirty-er. Isis doesn't need to do a darn thing because some spoiled little chickensquirt gets angry at their parents and gets so pi**y that instead of just blowing their own brains out, they'll kill in the name of something to feel like they're a hero. And they aren't, even by "everyone's a hero in their own mind" standards. I'm not saying a trip to the couch would have saved them, but these are danger to themselves and other types that should be locked away so they can do no harm.

EDIT: Oh, even better: that disgusting Westboro Baptist Church is now outright calling the shooting an act of God. Yeah, you know what else was supposedly an act of God? Us going to war with the middle east; Sarah Palin said so.
This is another thing that by all means would be hilarious if it wasn't so horrifying and heart rendering. Just like the fact that despite being the new strategy of choice by terrorists (or as I said, little pathetic failures who want to be a BIIIIG man) to exploit our extremely loose gun regulations isn't going to actually change the gun purchasing laws, now the very same right wing Fundie Christians have a delightful choice. Either stick up for the gay community and condemn the same exact thing Fundie Islam believes that they believe or say "It's a good thing those people we've been told to hate have been killed by other people who we've been told to hate." The Wackoboro Church (which is less a church and more an inbred family holding onto a doomsday-esque cult) took the obvious route. The painfully obvious route. Can't wait for Pat Robertson to say something like "the gays deserved it for being gay, but because they've been killed by someone with a brown, smelly God, that's actually bad..." and vanish into a puff of logic. The take home here is that all Fundie religions hate gays because First Testament Bible crap. The other take away is that some are just homophobic, violently so, and claim religion to justify their actions. Which I'll state it's not religion's fault for corrupting man, it's man's fault for corrupting religion, and most religious people are well balanced, sane, productive members of society, the crazies are just .1%, but their loudness more than makes up for it.

That said, as much as I hate the media for turning this into a circus yet again, I applaud them for showing his d-bag pose selfies instead of just angry looking evil pictures. This makes him look less like a horrifying, evil mastermind and more a spoiled Dude-Bro d-bag bored with his X-box. I TOTALLY believe he was an abusive husband considering how freaking narcissistic he comes off. I'm surprised they didn't spot him coming a mile away since he was probably drenched in a thick cloud of Axe Body Spray.

I actually find it to be the opposite. It's the fact that some are so stubborn in their beliefs system that they refuse to realize that a good chunk of those beliefs make no sense anymore, and the actually productive beliefs are just suggestions. Things that have the words "except" in them. Love our fellow man except... All life is sacred except... stuff like that. In other words being pious except for when it's inconvenient. Remember that jerk from Duck Dynasty that is so freaking Christian that he said how terrible gays are because bible, yet we shouldn't give handouts to people that need them and blacks were happier when we oppressed the crap out of them because I don't want part of my undeserved TV royalties going to taxes. The religious beliefs that are dated, and were only implied to begin with far outweighing the peaceful messages of hope and tolerance. How the crap is that a rational beliefs system?

Not to mention my personal favorite. Anyone who uses the word "entitled" is infinitely more entitled than whoever they claim is entitled. AS in "I don't want my taxes going to those 'entitlements'" or "kids today are so spoiled and terrible, unlike me because I was always an angel and my parents spanked the crap out of me because I didn't deserve it." As in, I'm TOTALLY entitled to not have to pay my taxes because I'm special and every kid should have the same exact experiences I had because I love how I turned out. That's not having perspective and wisdom, that's being a narcissist.

And THAT is the real problem with the world today. Everyone need to get their heads out of their butts and get over themselves. We have to be considerate of others, we have to share the planet, we have to work together. But then some overpaid loudmouth facist on TV calls that "communism" to stir up a panic to sell books to easily paranoid people to get jerks elected to give said loudmouths a big fat tax cut for whining on television for money that those who buy their books would never see in their lives. People who say everything's getting worse cause things to get worse.

FraggleFrick

Reaction score
Part of the blame can be on security, but the killer is equally culpable. He came with the intent to harm her (he certainly wasn't acting in self defense). Even more pitiful he showed how courageous he was by taking his own life.
He'll have to stand in front of a just and absolute God, and he'll have plenty to answer for.
Amen! God has it all in his hands.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yep this world is going to ****! One thing that makes me mad is why didn't they keep a watch on him after knowing that he was brought in at least 2 other times. I want to find him in an ally way and just beat him over and over and over till he just can't move.
I think just like everyone else has said why can't we get more stricter gun laws to where no of this would happen. But yeah states are just giving in and making laws to where you bring a gun into a Church or Parts or even stores. It's ridiculous and not very bright. But it's never going to stop. If people from other countries are able to just hop a plane and live here in America then it's won't stop. And I know that trying to stop them from coming over here isn't going to work. My prays go out to the Christina's friends and Family and to the all the people in Florida.