1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

RIP Chuck Berry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zappetman, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Zappetman

Zappetman New Member

2. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

He lived a very long and productive life, with his last album coming out this year. May he keep duck walking and playing with his ding-a-ling in the skies above.

MikaelaMuppet and Zappetman like this.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I honestly thought he had died years ago.

1000 Eyes and heralde like this.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Chuck Berry and John Lennon (and Yoko hehe). Hail, Hail Rock n Roll!

5. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Chuck was one of the architects of rock and roll. Back in my teenage years when everybody was forming bands, and we were auditioning guitar players, if you didn't even know "Johnny B. Goode", don't even bother applying.

Still, to live to be 90, and active until almost the very end, is nothing to sneeze about.
    Thank you Chuck. Because of you, "Let it Rock", "You Can't Catch Me", and "Memphis Tennessee" got heavy rotation in our set lists.

theSHE124, heralde and Zappetman like this.
  6. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Well, my little sister is a huge classic rock freak, so I was very much aware that he was still alive. My sister had to watch him every time he had a performance on TV.
    However, i'm very surprised to find out that Chubby Checker and Fats Domino are still with us.