1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

RIP Florence Henderson (1934-2016)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schfifty, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Wow, this is a shocker. Florence Henderson, the actress known for playing the mother Carol Brady on The Brady Bunch, just died. :(

2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

No! :( Not Carol Brady! :cry:

3. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

So sad. There's been many tragic celebrity deaths this year but I think Florence's passing is going to affect me the most.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  4. MikaelaMuppet

Me too.

5. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

how sad:cry:, the day after thanksgiving,what was the cause ?:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

6. MikaelaMuppet

Heart failure.

7. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Florence Henderson and the Muppets were "So Happy Together". We'll miss you Florence.

[​IMG]

8. MikaelaMuppet

Thanks for posting that. One of my favorite songs and one of my favorite episodes of The Muppet Show.

9. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

:cry:

10. MikaelaMuppet

:(

scooterfan360 likes this.
  11. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I'm in absolute shock! I will miss her very much. Not only was she a great actress, but a great singer as well.

RIP Florence

heralde and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  12. MikaelaMuppet

Same. And I was in shock as well when I found that out.

13. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Oh, how sad to hear of this....:(:sympathy::concern:
    Florence Henderson's episode of The Muppet Show was great, of course- and I'll always remember her as Carol Brady on The Brady Bunch.

May God comfort Mrs. Henderson's family in this sad time.:cry:

Muppy, MikaelaMuppet and theSHE124 like this.
  14. Cookie Chris

Cookie Chris Member

Rest in peace, Florence. Her Muppet Show episode was always one of my favorites. My thoughts, prayers, and condolences go out to her television and real family and friends.

MikaelaMuppet and theSHE124 like this.
  15. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

These clips are among my videotape of recorded TMS episodes, and I have watched Brady Bunch long ago, just not as fun as the Muppets! :coy: But I think I'll remember her most in her recent appearance in The Christmas Bunny, or was it titled Just Where I Belong? Either way, it was a lovely movie I saw on TBN's Smile of a Child. I'm gonna catch that next time they play it! Florence Henderson will be greatly missed. :(

16. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Wow, this is sad. I was never much of a fan of The Brady Bunch, but I still grew up with it nonetheless. I hadn't realized she was in her 80s, but doing the math, it makes sense. She always seemed much younger then that. And since so many actors have passed on, she was one of the few TV legends that were still alive today.

Her Muppet Show appearance was definitely one of the episodes that stick out in my mind the most, she was a very charming lady.

theSHE124, Muppy and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  17. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I'll miss you, Florence Henderson. I loved her on The Muppet Show, even though I've only seen a little bit of The Brady Bunch, she still seemed like a very nice lady, :(.

18. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Florence Henderson also made a guest appearance on a rare example of 70s cheese and cracker, when played a proper English woman who was the object of an Arab Paul Lynde's desire, and later she belted out a disco-flavored rendition of Frank Sinatra's "That Ol' Black Magic" in THE PAUL LYNDE HALLOWEEN SPECIAL.

19. MikaelaMuppet

She also guest starred on Whose Line as well during the 5th season. Here are some pictures from it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I watched all the episodes of Whose Line? with my family when I was younger (I even got a family friend hooked on it), but I don't remember that episode! That is awesome! Maybe I missed that one?