RIP George Jones (1931-2013)

Teheheman

Reaction score
I know not many people are into Country Music here but I still would like to pay my respects to one of the great singers of all time. George Jones was probably one of my FAVORITE singers of all time and he was, arguably, my dads favorite. This guy actually sang, what most people say is, the greatest Country song of all time. Words can not describe how awesome he is and I don't know how, other than hearing him, to describe his voice. He had SUCH a distinct voice, you can tell just by hearing the first couple lyrics that it was him. You know how sometimes you listen, and you can't really tell who it is but you think it's somebody you've heard of before? Well, you never really had that problem with the Possum. His hard living earlier in life earned him the name 'No Show Jones' because he was too busy drinking and all that other stuff than doing a show but they say that if/when he DID show up, he put on one heck of a show. I was lucky enough to see a concert he did when I was younger and I'm grateful that I got to see it. He had one of my favorite Country stories of all time when his wife took his keys away from him one time so he wouldn't go to the liquor store, so he decided to take his John Deere riding lawnmower to the liquor store instead.
God Bless you Possum, you're singing with Tammy again. Nobody will fill your shoes and I hope The Grand Tour was worth it.(I know people have said that WAY more than once, but you can't really help but do it.)

Daniel

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I just read about this. I was never a big fan of his but this loss saddens me. It's hard to see yet another staple of classic country music leave the world.