RIP Jean Stapleton

Xerus

Reaction score
May Jean rest in peace. I'll never forget her great roles as Edith, when she guest starred on the Muppet Show, and her performance as Mother Goose in the movie, Mother Goose Rock and Rhyme. -_-;;

D'Snowth

Reaction score
and her performance as Mother Goose in the movie, Mother Goose Rock and Rhyme. -_-;;
Say... isn't that that movie where a girl (whom in my mind reminds of Loonette from THE BIG COMFY COUCH) teams up with a dude and goes on this fanciful quest to search for Mother Goose?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Just heard about it on my local news station. RIP, Jean, an amazing actress.

Xerus

Reaction score
Say... isn't that that movie where a girl (whom in my mind reminds of Loonette from THE BIG COMFY COUCH) teams up with a dude and goes on this fanciful quest to search for Mother Goose?
Yes it was. This movie had an all star cast including Shelley Duvall, Cyndi Lauper, Debby Harry, Woody Harrelson, Little Richard, Harry Anderson, Ben Vereen, Garry Shandling and a whole lot more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Goose_Rock_'n'_Rhyme

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I VAGUELY remember that movie... seems like I saw it at least once when I was maybe three or four, but it's a really fuzzy memory.

Guess I better head for YouTube.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Jean was almost cast in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory", but turned it down to audition for All in the Family.
RIP Edith. You sweet lovable Dingbat.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Here's something I didn't know until today. In 1997, she received an honorary degree from my college alma mater, Wilson College in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. I guess she was a commencement speaker that year, it's the only time anyone receives an honorary degree from the college, which is sadly going co-Ed now.