RIP John Hurt

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I knew he'd been suffering some health problems the past year or so, but this is still very sad.

I know most people are probably going to mention the movie Alien (you know the famous scene when the little alien pops out of the man's chest), but i'll always remember him as the War Doctor in the 2013 50th anniversary episode of Doctor Who. He may have only been in one episode, but his performance has left a lasting impact on me and many other DW fans.

So long Doctor, hopefully you're in a better place now:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I only remember him as the narrator from The Tigger Movie and a voice role in Valiant. That's it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
We Muppet fans should know him best as the titular character on Jim Henson's The Storyteller. He was even the voice of Hazel in the Watership Down movie.

gravy

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really will miss him. My favorite roles that he played were Ollivander from Harry Potter and The Storyteller. RIP John Hurt.

Now we're all ''Hurt''.
Too soon?

Last edited:

theSHE124

Reaction score
No, Gavry, I think your comment makes the point: We're always hurt one way or another. :sigh:

Anyway, I've seen that John Hurt also appeared on the Jim Henson Hour: "Secrets of the Muppets". Does that ring a bell to anyone?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Anyway, I've seen that John Hurt also appeared on the Jim Henson Hour: "Secrets of the Muppets". Does that ring a bell to anyone?
Yup, that's where Jim said they turned John Hurt into "kind of a half puppet" through prosthetic makeup, lol. That part starts at 36:02:

Hurt was also Aragorn in the 1978 Lord of the Rings cartoon (better than the live action movies in many ways, yes I said it :smile:)

Last edited: